Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:36 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:18 pm Sorry if this was already mentioned but processing this info now. Regarding quarantine-- 7 days-- You need to have a pre-booked hotel or they just throw u in any hotel as per they were doing recently? Last summer they just put me in the Phnom Penh Hotel and wasn't pre-booked.
There is a separate section to book hotels and they list a 7 day and 14 day option?
If you are applying for the e-Visa, then you need to have a pre-booked ASQ Hotel before you can even submit the application, but currently that doesn't apply to you because for some reason Americans are not listed in the drop down box and can't apply.

If you enter on an E-type Visa you get from the Embassy, then you can either pre-book an ASQ hotel, or pay a $1000 deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus like you did last time.
How is that possible? Americans are not listed lol.wtf thanks for the info. I can try to send a strongly worded email lol
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

strange
a few EU countries are missing as passport holders countries eg France, Germany, Italy and maybe others in the https://evisa.gov.kh/application_new

is it clear what will happen, when on the plane they found out a positive covid person ? all people 15 days or more quarantine ?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Great news. Now I have options.

The Khmer Times story has pretty much the same info as PSD-Kiwi and others provided here. The last line of the story says: "This is a breaking story, more to come."

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50954743/t ... -cambodia/
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Far from ideal, but at least a move in the positive direction. Though I won't be making plans to come back till they lower the QT to under a week.
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Spain, Portugal no visa no quarantines no insurance no face masks no pcr testings no lockdown no nothing goodbye!!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Uncle-V wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 pm Far from ideal, but at least a move in the positive direction. Though I won't be making plans to come back till they lower the QT to under a week.
I agree. It will be a gradual process and depend a lot on how neighboring countries manage it but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I'm looking forward to the country opening up again. 8-)

Here's a video with Jimmy Savile just because.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Darkcel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm Without entering all the information for forte.. What would the total cost be? Say me and my wife want to visit Denmark for a month and we come back? How much would our insurance be
$90 p/p for the 20 day policy x2 = $180
$120 p/p for 1 month policy x2 = $240
$250 p/p for 3 month policy x2 = $500
https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance/
Insurance from Forte required for fully vaccinated? Any separate policy with lower costs for fully vaccinated?

Or, was the vaccination routine all a big scam.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

anyone knows about the insurance, if you pay only 20 days but you stay much longer, nobody bothers about it, it would be just to get in the country ?? As i have full-insurance from my country, its more or loss a waste of money for me. Maybe out of topic, i came to Phuket sandbox with emirates, which included inside the air-ticket-price, a covid-insurance, and i had some minor medical issues overhere the first weeks, and even didnt think about to claim them back, but of course, if you dont try, you knever know. And yesterday i getted a positif answer from them, they do pay me everything back (about 200 US), it surprised me a little, but of course, happy to see it coming on my bank-account, but, its not yet there !! Haallellujaa, travel-insurance !!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

paul2d wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:48 am Insurance from Forte required for fully vaccinated? Any separate policy with lower costs for fully vaccinated?
Yes, still mandatory

@Bongmab69 the insurance is only for entry and initial period in Cambodia, up to a maximum 3 months.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Odd that US isn’t on there. But they also list Cambodia (why?!) and the UK AND England, which is part of the UK.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic