Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 pm
GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:24 pm Anyone have an idea how much the cheapest ASQ will cost?
i'd love to go back to Cambo but the idea of spending 2k usd for quarantine is just a joke
It will only cost you $2K+ if you are unvaccinated and have to go through 14 days quarantine. I expect that there will be more ASQ hotels approved to cope with the demand, hopefully more mid range options.

New 3/7 day packages are been released by the current ASQ hotels on their websites, or you can contact them via email.
so in effect its MORE expensive for a 14 day/night stay than before? :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
aroimakmak
Tourist
Argentina

Post by aroimakmak »

Is this visa extendable within Cambodia?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

aroimakmak wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:51 pm Is this visa extendable within Cambodia?
There are two visa you can apply for through the e.visa website.

The T-visa used to be extendable for another month in country. Not sure if this is the case now.

The E-visa is still extendable for up to a year if you have supporting documents.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:26 pm
aroimakmak wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:51 pm Is this visa extendable within Cambodia?
There are two visa you can apply for through the e.visa website.

The T-visa used to be extendable for another month in country. Not sure if this is the case now.

The E-visa is still extendable for up to a year if you have supporting documents.
I THINK the E-visa can only be applied for thru the e.visa website if you're Taiwanese..
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

One time only for a period of 1 month, which gives you a 2 month period of stay.

@Kammekor , the E-type Visa via the e-Visa website is ONLY available to Taiwanese passport holders.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Great news, saves me to attempt any "business" visa trickery with an embassy when all I want is to spend 1-2 months in Cambodia as a tourist.

Have they already published which vaccines and vaccination certificates they'll accept? I'd assume they'll accept my Thai certificate (2x AstraZeneca), but you just never know...
ArminLaschet
Tourist
Germany

Post by ArminLaschet »

Wasn't the PM talking about a 7 day quarantine for tourists a few weeks ago, similar to the Phuket Sandbox, where the tourists could freely move within the city, once their Covid-test on arrival comes out negative? 7 days full quarantine for 1000$ seems like a worse deal than Bali with 5 days of quarantine for tourists. That will not revive international tourism, but I guess all the other countries in SEA seem to be on a similar path of making it somewhat possible to enter the country, but still making it really expensive and inconvenient. I sometimes wonder if they really want to attract foreign tourists and start wondering why nobody is coming in a few months or if this is their method of keeping the overall number of travellers low.
:tophat:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Yes, because they like being bankrupt they want to discourage tourists.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 pm REINTRODUCTION OF e-VISA (ELECTRONIC ONLINE TOURIST VISA)
WITH EFFECT 19TH OCTOBER 2021

https://evisa.gov.kh/
Fee: USD $30 + $6 processing Fee
Validity for use to enter Cambodia: 3 months
Period of Stay granted upon arrival: 30 Days
Application Processing Time: 3 Days

Quarantine:
- Must have a pre-booked ASQ hotel to apply
- 7 days if fully vaccinated
- 14 days if not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated
Sorry if this was already mentioned but processing this info now. Regarding quarantine-- 7 days-- You need to have a pre-booked hotel or they just throw u in any hotel as per they were doing recently? Last summer they just put me in the Phnom Penh Hotel and wasn't pre-booked.
There is a separate section to book hotels and they list a 7 day and 14 day option?

thanks and apologize if this was addressed

good news all around tho
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:18 pm Sorry if this was already mentioned but processing this info now. Regarding quarantine-- 7 days-- You need to have a pre-booked hotel or they just throw u in any hotel as per they were doing recently? Last summer they just put me in the Phnom Penh Hotel and wasn't pre-booked.
There is a separate section to book hotels and they list a 7 day and 14 day option?
If you are applying for the e-Visa, then you need to have a pre-booked ASQ Hotel before you can even submit the application, but currently that doesn't apply to you because for some reason Americans are not listed in the drop down box and can't apply.

If you enter on an E-type Visa you get from the Embassy, then you can either pre-book an ASQ hotel, or pay a $1000 deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus like you did last time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic