COVID-19 Positive Test

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

COVID-19 Positive Test

Post by Yerg »

I've managed to last up until today without a positive Covid test. Seeing the two lines on my little plastic test thingie this morning was a bit of a shock. Barring a slight cough and a sniffly nose, I have no other symptoms. No elevated temperature, I can still smell and taste things just fine. I put the sniffle and cough down to the flu jab I had on Friday. Alas, not the case.

Off I trotted for a wee jolly to the nearest PCR testing station. Got to say I was impressed with the operation. In and out in a matter of minutes, back home to isolate. I plan to keep this as a little diary. Ever so glad it's happened now rather than in a week's time when I would have been on half term :lol:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: COVID-19 Positive Test

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good luck to you, Yerg.

I just got a message from a friend who works in a care home. She said that all the patients and all the staff got Covid. The staff kept working because there was no one to replace them. They had only had one jab when the Covid hit.

Don't know why I'm telling you this. This wasn't in the UK or Cambodia, but made me wonder about Cambodia, where they are also short of staff. Vaccines are good, but don't make you immune. If the wards are full of Covid patients, does it matter if the health workers are also Covid positive (but asymptomatic) ?

Anyway, enjoy your time off work. :beer3:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Did this all happen in Cambodia?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 pm I've managed to last up until today without a positive Covid test.

I would have been on half term :lol:
I guess that It's your employer that makes you have a daily test?

Chicken soup, hot whiskies and weed and you should be right :thumb:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 pm I've managed to last up until today without a positive Covid test.

We are required to test a minimum of twice a week. Wednesdays and Sundays. I was negative Wednesday and positive today. Aside from work, only other place I’ve been other than at home, was the pub on Saturday.

I care little about where I caught it. If how I’m feeling is indicative of the effect of being double-vaccinated, then I’m terrifically pleased I had the vaccine.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 pm

We are required to test a minimum of twice a week. Wednesdays and Sundays. I was negative Wednesday and positive today. Aside from work, only other place I’ve been other than at home, was the pub on Saturday.

I care little about where I caught it. If how I’m feeling is indicative of the effect of being double-vaccinated, then I’m terrifically pleased I had the vaccine.
Seems unlikely given the average incubation time, doesn't it?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Does this mean we have to self quarantine now that we've all posted in the thread?

Best of luck man, get some effervescent and the vitamin c will knock covid on its ass.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Aye, I was at the pub the Saturday before too. And the one before that :cry:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:26 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Aye, I was at the pub the Saturday before too. And the one before that :cry:
Ah. Noted.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Good that they let you home, not to end up in a hall with 200 other people. Wish you speed recovery.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic