COVID-19 Positive Test

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: COVID-19 Positive Test

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 pm I've managed to last up until today without a positive Covid test. Seeing the two lines on my little plastic test thingie this morning was a bit of a shock. Barring a slight cough and a sniffly nose, I have no other symptoms. No elevated temperature, I can still smell and taste things just fine. I put the sniffle and cough down to the flu jab I had on Friday. Alas, not the case.

Off I trotted for a wee jolly to the nearest PCR testing station. Got to say I was impressed with the operation. In and out in a matter of minutes, back home to isolate. I plan to keep this as a little diary. Ever so glad it's happened now rather than in a week's time when I would have been on half term :lol:
Looks like you lost your taste in clothes
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I lately received bad news from my kids of an old friend in the UK that came down with the virus, he was late 40s fit and active. They put him on the ventilator in hospital due to him finding it difficult to breathe at the time, that is when things started to go wrong. His kidneys apparently stopped working has such. It was two days ago that I had the news he had passed away.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:13 pm I lately received bad news from my kids of an old friend in the UK that came down with the virus, he was late 40s fit and active. They put him on the ventilator in hospital due to him finding it difficult to breathe at the time, that is when things started to go wrong. His kidneys apparently stopped working has such. It was two days ago that I had the news he had passed away.
Sorry to hear this. I think that while there will always be those more susceptible to the virus, such as the elderly, overweight and those with previous health conditions, there's clearly also an element of just good old 'pot luck' when it comes to covid.

RIP to your friend.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Well, despite showing vaccine and infection antibodies as little as one month ago, today I tested positive for Covid-19 a second time. I can but only assume it’s the Omicron variant as I have nothing but very mild cold symptoms. The irony is that the 17th Jan was the date at which I was advised I didn’t need to start testing again. In another twist of irony, I only tested today as I was going to meet some elderly people for a group dinner.

I won’t do a symptom or testing regimen update. As there are neither now. It’s bloody laughable. I’m triple-jabbed (or double-jabbed and boosted for the pedant community).

The last 10 day isolation was a royal pain in the ass. At least this time, I could be back to work as early as Monday.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

G'donya Yerganought, your're my role model.

I was probably exposed on about exactly day 14 after my 3rd Pfizzy shot. Possibly at max immunity.
I took me 4 days to decide if my slightly slightly dry raspy throat was Covid or from that Xmas cigar.
Then unmistakeable but very very mild flu feeling.
I had to work hard to detect symptoms for most of the day - for about another week. Then a week more to (probably) totally get rid of it.

No tests were easily obtainable here - a phone consult with GP confirmed it was probably ok to just shut up, and self iso myself. Friends did my shopping etc. no prob.
Up until Omicron i would have for sure done all the correct self reporting and stuck the yellow star up on my front door - but with Omicron already running wild and free and testing (both types) totally overrun, it was silly to do anything but just kick back and relax.

To be frank, after a lifetime of smoking (although i only vape my prescribed med theses days, grin) i was pretty concerned about catching Covid. I am a sucker for chest infections and they usually hit me hard.
But if it had been a normal flu, it was possibly the easiest i have ever got off.

Omicron, i love you brother. And Mr Pfizzydrink too.
But you are right Yerg, that flocking iso will kill you..
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes, I was reading the news, I don't think we should be too relaxed about the Omicron variant.

Australia news live update: 25 Covid deaths in NSW; TGA approves oral anti-viral treatments; national cabinet meets

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/newsworl ... d=msedgdhp
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic