COVID-19 Positive Test

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: COVID-19 Positive Test

Post by Yerg »

Last update from me. Cough is subsiding. Compromised smell & taste remain the only real lasting symptoms. I've 3 more full days remaining in isolation, which is a ball-ache but it will be completed. So long as cough and/or loss of taste/smell are the only remaining symptoms, then isolation can be concluded and freedom returns.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Yerg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:22 pm Last update from me. Cough is subsiding. Compromised smell & taste remain the only real lasting symptoms. I've 3 more full days remaining in isolation, which is a ball-ache but it will be completed. So long as cough and/or loss of taste/smell are the only remaining symptoms, then isolation can be concluded and freedom returns.
You really do need the full quarantine period, as you can see, in most cases. Took me a while to kick the chesty gurgler of a cough. It dissipates slowly, and the way I realised it was improving was to recall back to when I once saw a beetroot on my neck, in the mirror, after a fit in the early stages.

Almost "Strong Like Bull"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

And on the taste/smell condition: As a kid, at mealtimes, my mother always said "it is not a race", and instilled in me the importance of eating slowly and savouring the flavours (very European). As a kid, I developed a habit of stuffing my food down in record time and exclaiming "First!", at every meal. So I've never tasted grub.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:09 pm And on the taste/smell condition: As a kid, at mealtimes, my mother always said "it is not a race", and instilled in me the importance of eating slowly and savouring the flavours (very European). As a kid, I developed a habit of stuffing my food down in record time and exclaiming "First!", at every meal. So I've never tasted grub.
I have learned that I have taken my senses of smell and taste for granted for a very long time. That won’t be happening again. Silly things like morning coffee, cheese & ham roll for lunch today etc. Totally bland and tasteless. I couldn’t live life like that.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:55 pm
Yerg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:22 pm Last update from me. Cough is subsiding. Compromised smell & taste remain the only real lasting symptoms. I've 3 more full days remaining in isolation, which is a ball-ache but it will be completed. So long as cough and/or loss of taste/smell are the only remaining symptoms, then isolation can be concluded and freedom returns.
You really do need the full quarantine period, as you can see, in most cases. Took me a while to kick the chesty gurgler of a cough. It dissipates slowly, and the way I realised it was improving was to recall back to when I once saw a beetroot on my neck, in the mirror, after a fit in the early stages.

I get the quarantine. I don’t like it, but sometimes we have to do things we don’t like. So far, and the only thing keeping me sane, is that I haven’t (fingers crossed) passed it to my parents. 24 hours a day in solitary has kept them safe, but now I kinda understand what being in prison must be like lol
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yerg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:55 pm

I get the quarantine. I don’t like it, but sometimes we have to do things we don’t like. So far, and the only thing keeping me sane, is that I haven’t (fingers crossed) passed it to my parents. 24 hours a day in solitary has kept them safe, but now I kinda understand what being in prison must be like lol
I would hope your parents weren't there with you. Although, figuratively, I guess they would be.

On a happier note; enjoy your first taste of freedom and smell the roses.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Apologies for the minor bump. Just a final update to note that yesterday I tested negative, as curiosity got the better of me and I was bored, so I tested myself. Still got to isolate until midnight Monday, as them's the rules. Of the 4 people who tested positive at work, I have clearly had the far easiest time of it. The other three people are all in their late 50's/early 60's, all of them double-vaxxed. None of them have a had a bad illness, they just suffered a little more than I did.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:10 pm Apologies for the minor bump. Just a final update to note that yesterday I tested negative, as curiosity got the better of me and I was bored, so I tested myself. Still got to isolate until midnight Monday, as them's the rules. Of the 4 people who tested positive at work, I have clearly had the far easiest time of it. The other three people are all in their late 50's/early 60's, all of them double-vaxxed. None of them have a had a bad illness, they just suffered a little more than I did.
First thanks for sharing your experience

From what I read on the thread all the people + you who had it were vaccinated?
They all have the same vaccine? which one(s)?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

orussey98 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:34 pm
Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:10 pm Apologies for the minor bump. Just a final update to note that yesterday I tested negative, as curiosity got the better of me and I was bored, so I tested myself. Still got to isolate until midnight Monday, as them's the rules. Of the 4 people who tested positive at work, I have clearly had the far easiest time of it. The other three people are all in their late 50's/early 60's, all of them double-vaxxed. None of them have a had a bad illness, they just suffered a little more than I did.

Yes. All 4 of us are double-vaccinated. I had AZ. One lady had the Pfizer. The other two I have no idea what vaccine they had.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Yerg wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm
orussey98 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:34 pm

Yes. All 4 of us are double-vaccinated. I had AZ. One lady had the Pfizer. The other two I have no idea what vaccine they had.
I got an update. 2 x AZ. 2 x Pfizer. Make of that what you will. The two AZ vaccines were both males. Me 48 the other 54. The two Pfizer were both female. One 62 one 65. We all agree that we have all not really had a bad time compared to the shit that we have read and heard about.

Another of my colleagues from a different part of the company was an anti-vaxxer. The fella nearly died and spent 6 weeks in a medically induced coma. Make of that what you will. I guess his two kids are glad he’s alive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic