what ingredients are used to make local ice cream

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
rodez
Tourist
United States of America

what ingredients are used to make local ice cream

Post by rodez »

I find local ice cream much nicer than shop ice cream but having enjoyed it begin to worry about the ingredients,mainly hardened fat which is used as an emulsifier. Anyone know whats in it
I don't eat much ice cream.i did look at lucky kiwi smile...firstly there is a huge price difference the best is kiwi which seems to have the better ice cream too.a few weeks ago shopping with my daughter and her best friend and brother,i almost fell over with shock when my phone told me that three simple ice creams she bought had cost over six dollars...a few days later i read the ingredients..and now see those cones as a small glass of palm oil with flavor and emulsifying fat. :| kiwi 🥝 cones at least have coconut milk and cost 3000 KRH ...A very large tub of delicious local ice cream with add-on's nuts is 50 cents