covid vaccination No1 where to get now

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rodez
Tourist
United States of America

covid vaccination No1 where to get now

Post by rodez »

Good morning
I have not been vaccinated...Why..after all Cambodia has had and has an excellent vaccination program and i would be very happy with sinovac or sinopharm
The reason i very reluctantly have not joined a cue with my passport for free vaccination is simply that the European country to which i have lived have a house bank account rented parking rented garage and needed to return did and dose not accept sinovac sinopharm. The embassy confirmed as im not a citizen i would be refused entry...I could have flown to Switzerland rented transport and driven 1400 kms home....
I read that by now pfizer or J and J would have been available..but they are not...yet
Having lost my campervan when i could not remove from the parking. The parking was was sold to a builder,ive decided not to return to a Europe very err changed vaccine passes from the south not recognized in the north...using a train impossible entering a cafe complicated...
/
Today or rather tomorrow Monday the 18th where can i get a sinovac/sinopharm vaccination No1
I been looking online but searches anything to do with a vaccine or vaccination are less than helpful
I stress i need to start with vaccination No1 on the 30th October vaccination No3 will be available im told i wont be able to join that cue even though it would be the same vaccine given for the first
Dose anyone know where i could to begin the vaccination program
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: covid vaccination No1 where to get now

Post by yongchi »

@timmydownawell mentioned Preah Ang Duong Hospital as a possible option a couple of days ago.
See here:
post516378.html#p516378
rodez
Tourist
United States of America

Post by rodez »

thank you
I emailed several centers that have been involved in the vaccination drive by chance this morning checking spam i found a note in my folder saying that this hospitals email account is full and no emails are being collected..odd its in spam not delivery failed could be their way to discourage email enquirers..i cant say i like the idea of visiting in person..after all it a center that majority will bring there medical issues including the virus...and i suspect the covid vaccination center will have a large sign beside a security guard ..no entry to un vaccinated .....umm
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

rodez wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm thank you
I emailed several centers that have been involved in the vaccination drive by chance this morning checking spam i found a note in my folder saying that this hospitals email account is full and no emails are being collected..odd its in spam not delivery failed could be their way to discourage email enquirers..i cant say i like the idea of visiting in person..after all it a center that majority will bring there medical issues including the virus...and i suspect the covid vaccination center will have a large sign beside a security guard ..no entry to un vaccinated .....umm
No one will reply to emails. Go in person.
rodez
Tourist
United States of America

Post by rodez »

Unfortunately that is true..ill wait today in case a mircal reply arrives..I wonder if a tuk tuk driver could go in and ask for me...they are immune from any virus ..people hear live a very healthy existence in a wonderful climate ...in the USA everone live in sterile climate controlled enviroment...even cheese was banned as i contained bacteria......
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rodez wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:20 pm Good morning
Dose anyone know where i could to begin the vaccination program
The village chief, or Sangkat should be able to put you in the right direction. Depending what area you are living, Meanchey Referral Hospital at Chibr Ampov, is where I attended, anywhere is worth a shot. Good luck.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Do you have a local Khmer friend? Ask them to ask around or go with you to wherever you try, the promise of a little reward if successful will probably go a long way. If you're renting an apartment, maybe ask the building owner or manager, again with a bit of carrot-dangling
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

rodez wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm Unfortunately that is true..ill wait today in case a mircal reply arrives..I wonder if a tuk tuk driver could go in and ask for me...they are immune from any virus ..people hear live a very healthy existence in a wonderful climate ...in the USA everone live in sterile climate controlled enviroment...even cheese was banned as i contained bacteria......
As others have said, I would just go, e.g., to the suggested place. I find it so much easier to deal with Cambodian ppl in person. I have found most folks here to be helpful. If you can, have a local accompany you.
In my experience, getting someone to commit to something in an email (trace and everything) is often more difficult than getting the actual thing.
rodez
Tourist
United States of America

Post by rodez »

Yes i didnt try that yet ...The village chief, or Sangkat should be able to put you in the right direction....yes ill go along in the morning and ask..But...a few years ago i needed some advice cost 20 USD PLUS another 10 USD for a one page paper..for my Driving licence again 20 USD to ask and another 20 USD to get a paper that day they stay very silent without or tend not to understand until ...i did try 5 USD way back but that dose not free up the speach 10 USD gets somwhere and i haven't been in there for years...inflation not to bad hear at the market but.....
Quite right a local gets much further and i just realized there are more village admins sitting drinking coffee of cane juice they are far more visible and approachable ill ask a woman friend to try..or not as their all men..i asked my apartment owner but he dosnt know where to ask other when he goes for the third booster in November
But yes....The village chief, or Sangkat should be able to put you in the right direction...now they tend to sit comfortably outside these days it might really work and for free......ill join them Good idea thank you
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

I paid big money to get on the fast track into a doctor's private home office and got it done and was there 14 days later to complete and now I am ready for booster #1, I delayed getting jabbed because I was out of my home area during lockdowns and interprovince travel bans but I would have been better off getting it in the province cash wise. At the time I got mine there were no first jabs anywhere it seemed but there were eager soldiers at hospitals that really wanted to test you and I literally had to escape one of their $80 test traps. I think you'll be better off going and staying local and getting help from an older driver who understands that tomorrow you will be getting that first shot regardless of how the first 8 turn downs go. I don't think you'll need anymore anecdotal stories to achieve that aim.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic