travel instructions

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: travel instructions

Post by newkidontheblock »

A free society is defined as backpackers complaining and the government responding to the backpacker complaints by governmental action?

This is a new definition of free society for me.
I always thought with freedom comes responsibility.

One where backpackers rule and the government obeys (the backpackers being the only important constituency) as the basis of a free society seems strange to me.

I hope things go back to normal, but also that everyone stays safe.

Good luck out there!
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

[/quote]

I have contacted a cambodian travel agent recenty to ask about a 5-day Koh Rong package and it seemed like you can also fly into PP. Seems like they have noticed, that it will be diffucult to fly into Sihanoukville. They probably will organize Cars, Buses or transit flights.
[/quote]

Thanks so much for this info. Can you keep us updated.? Also, please PM me the contact info for your Cambodian travel agent. I am interested in coming to Koh Rong in December if it is feasible. Many thanks in advance!
ArminLaschet
Tourist
Germany

Post by ArminLaschet »

Sure, I'll let you know, if anything new comes up.

If it's possible and not too expensive I also want to visit Koh Rong in December.
:tophat:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Sihanoukville is the only airport you can fly into without quarantine.
You must be a member of a group/package tour.
The only international flights into SV come from China.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

what gets me if you go too all that trouble to come can you get a e long term visa ?
i've heard the internet e visatravel is avail , but thats short term, and theres no tourist visa
unless you have a retirement visa already ,you could be wasting money.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

garthkiddell wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:03 pm what gets me if you go too all that trouble to come can you get a e long term visa ?
i've heard the internet e visatravel is avail , but thats short term, and theres no tourist visa
unless you have a retirement visa already ,you could be wasting money.
Currently...if you enter on an e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) from evisa.gov.kh , or a T-type (Tourist) Visa (yes - they are available) issued by a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, then you can apply for 1x 30 day Extension of Stay only, giving a total period of stay up to 2 months max.

Once land borders reopen and VOA's are available again, it will be possible for you, or your passport, to go on a Visa run to get an E-type (Ordinary) Visa which will allow you to apply for a long term Extension of Stay.

Who knows what will happen in the next month or 2, there is likely be more easing of the current restrictions, so if you want to stay long term but are unable to obtain an E-type (Ordinary/Business) Visa, then I suggest you wait to see what happens.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

thanks i needed that i just have ichy feet
for eight years i traveled twice a year to cambodia
After two year borders closed now in australia it is all open except if you live in WA
fares are $145 from darwin to singapore very nice
come on cambodia open up
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

Things are looking better each day
. lao is going to open their borders next year
Cambodia not far away from it
wether to head for thailand mean tme
might make alot of sense and lay on the beach at phuket
and if cambodia opens up its a short flight
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

i know you have suggested it ,but today its was stated in the post ,that they will use flights out of pp to reach the s;ville and islands
Still i dont think you can compare them to phuket .Not the same image
But not much do but wait, out of our hands,
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:06 pm There are no flights to any islands I know of unless you want to hire a helicopter.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic