travel instructions

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Re: travel instructions

Post by garthkiddell »

what the use to vote in a dictorship.
australia has been called worst than china, because our country was closed off for so long
tomorrw it opens
and jetstar finally fly again from darwin to singapore after 2 years nearly on dec 20 so things are slowly getting back to normal
cambodia will be open soon
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I wish more countries would have mandatory IQ tests for those wanting passports. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Did the OP just make a post and then 7 other follow up posts just to reply to his original post?

My head is spinning.

But the reduced quarantine is not aimed for the ordinary western tourists.

They want the overseas investors back, pouring millions into the country, first. Lots of investments were put on hold because they couldn’t get in to bring funds.

The average western tourist spending a few hundred to a few thousand is a later issue. Tourist families are an even later issue.

That’s my opinion.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....The average western tourist spending a few hundred to a few thousand is a later issue. Tourist families are an even later issue.

than why did phuket do the sandbox and why is Thailand opening for TOURISM today
Tourism accounts for 12%-20% ++ of some countries gross income and adds tens of thousands of jobs

Not just SE Asia but the Caribbean, most South sea Islands, Maldives, etc etc as well
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

will the post was up beat 1st nov they are saying cambodia is opening up though i think they are getting
confused with thailand.
It will take a little time to sort out this sandbox idea
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:35 am
....The average western tourist spending a few hundred to a few thousand is a later issue. Tourist families are an even later issue.

than why did phuket do the sandbox and why is Thailand opening for TOURISM today
Tourism accounts for 12%-20% ++ of some countries gross income and adds tens of thousands of jobs

Not just SE Asia but the Caribbean, most South sea Islands, Maldives, etc etc as well
Well I think that the 15%-20% is severly underestimated. These % those not take in account all the workers in the informal sector that pay little too no taxes. Countries like Thailand and Cambodia have a large amount of people driving tuk-tuks, taxis and not to mention the barscene in these countries. I believe that there is a huge economy hiding in plain sight that never hits the national statistics in any of these countries.

I for one normally spend at least 100$ on services like that every day when I am in KOW or LOS. And I am not alone.........
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

I'll wait for the ASEAN Summit to conclude first. Then the backtracking may happen. Till then, it's a PR game. Same thing thing happens during school alumni reunions.

However, I believe the target audience are not seasoned tourists nor business travellers, as the later have been coming in for months now.

Main target at the moment - organised full-featured tour groups that arrange and handle the trip from disembarkation to departure. Might be an interesting experiment. Could go either ways.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

i checked with my travel agent and she couldnt find ay flights to s'ville or islands
there are flights to Seim reap later
if the s'ville- islands doesnt work they will soon drop it i hope
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There are no flights to any islands I know of unless you want to hire a helicopter.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Could I fly into to BKK, rent a plane and fly myself to Sihanoukville? Would that do? My personal tuk-tuk driver can be my tour guide and take me around the city as usual?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic