Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by Apollo91881 »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 am By a quick read, still no mention of those people already in the quarantine system. By sheer misfortune, a person entering on 17th is going to still be in quarantine, when a person entering on the 19th has been released several days prior.
I’d miss my connection in Korea … twice.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am
Foreigners who work in Cambodia --including tourists and technical staff and their family members who have no invitation letter -- have to go through similar procedures set for foreign and investors. But they need to have $1,000 in hand upon arrival to ensure their expense on quarantine in Cambodia.
??

OK so those holding 1 year extensions? no tourists are in Cambodia.
$1,000 for pay for HOW Many days of quarantine? Tests?

does anyone who speaks english correctly, assist/work for the Cambodia government? :please:
Seems to me they're referring to EB extension holders.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am
Foreigners who work in Cambodia --including tourists and technical staff and their family members who have no invitation letter -- have to go through similar procedures set for foreign and investors. But they need to have $1,000 in hand upon arrival to ensure their expense on quarantine in Cambodia.
??

does anyone who speaks english correctly, assist/work for the Cambodia government? :please:
and those on ER extensions or EG?
lots of posters here that work overseas and are back and forth to Cambodia, i assume ( maybe incorrectly) are on 1 year ERR's?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am
??

lots of posters here that work overseas and are back and forth to Cambodia, i assume ( maybe incorrectly) are on 1 year ERR's?
If you have an ER, I'd say there's a good chance the one week quarantine also applies.

Not sure if there is anyone remaining with EG as they were only doing one month extensions which are single entry anyway - and they eventually let people holding them convert them to EB.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:18 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am
??

If you have an ER, I'd say there's a good chance the one week quarantine also applies.

Not sure if there is anyone remaining with EG as they were only doing one month extensions which are single entry anyway - and they eventually let people holding them convert them to EB.
This was in the KT's latest update.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50953303/t ... l-context/

If you have a valid (unexpired) EB EOS when you try to return, it seems you will need a work permit to enter as well.

I know many people don't have one as their EB visa's aren't exactly kosher. I wonder what will happen when someone applies for a work permit having spent years here without one despite having an EB visa.

For Foreign Travelers
Foreign traveler is referred general traveler including tourist and investor, foreign experts and family who have no guarantee or invitation permit.

Travel Condition

Before arriving in Cambodia, foreign traveler must prepare documents as followings:

Covid-19 Negative Certificate within 72 hours before arriving Cambodia recognized by health authority of the country concerned.

Covid-19 Vaccination card/certificate certified full vaccination and date of injection.

In case he/she needs Cambodian Visa, they must apply for valid visa in accordance with immigration law from Cambodian Embassy or Consulate. The visa application must be done before the arrival in Cambodia due to the Royal Government of Cambodia has not opened for Visa on Arrival yet. Traveler from country which is not required to apply for visa to Cambodia, is allowed to enter Cambodia without visa application.

For foreign traveler who are staff of a company stationed in Cambodia and their work permit is expired or do not have, traveler must apply the work permit to the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training via https://www.fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh/

Hotel booking for the quarantine in hotel (as shown in appendix1). In case they do not have, they must prepare 1000$ to deposit at the Cambodian check point for all expense of quarantine during the quarantine period upon arrival in Cambodia.

Covid-19 health insurance (Covid-19 Health Insurance Policy) which is Insurance consortium by some insurance companies in Cambodia. They must buy Covid-19 health insurance from FORTE insurance company via https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19insurance/ .

Upon the arrival in Cambodia, foreign traveler must show document as mentioned above.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am If you have an ER, I'd say there's a good chance the one week quarantine also applies.

This was in the KT's latest update.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50953303/t ... l-context/

If you have a valid (unexpired) EB EOS when you try to return, it seems you will need a work permit to enter as well.

I know many people don't have one as their EB visa's aren't exactly kosher. I wonder what will happen when someone applies for a work permit having spent years here without one despite having an EB visa.

[/quote]
If you have been here on EB extensions and apply for a work permit they will charge you for all the years you needed one but didn't have one.

It's clear as mud, as usual. Those in the possession of a wedding certificate also get EB extensions but are not allowed to work on that visa and are not entitled to a work permit. So are those on ER extensions.

Better wait and see how this pans out over time.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am
O NOES! :shock:
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

What are the rules for the quarantine location?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:30 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am
O NOES! :shock:
Actually, reading that again: For foreign traveler who are staff of a company stationed in Cambodia and their work permit is expired or do not have, traveler must apply the work permit to the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training via https://www.fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh/ - if I am not staff of a company stationed in Cambodia, it doesn't apply. Right?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The new directive still doesn't specifically have any mention of those re-entering on a valid multi-entry Visa Extension of Stay (ER, ES, EG, EB), although it is clear that they fall under General Foreigners category, this is going to cause some confusion and possibly issues at airlines check-in due to the mention of Work Permits, will be interesting to see what criteria is issued to airlines.

I myself have an EB EOS based on marriage, and have the necessary documentation to support that, however if airlines are told that General Foreigners are required to have a WP then I'm screwed because I don't have, and don't require, a WP, but how are airlines gonna know that. Same with those on an EB EOS as a non-working legal spouse or dependant, they don't require a WP either.

Also, it's worth noting that those entering on a new initial E-type Visa, most likely won't have a Work Permit, and cannot even apply for one until they're in Cambodia as there are certain requirements that can't be met until you're in country ie. Certificate of Residence. Whoever wrote the General Foreigners part of the directive obviously doesn't fully understand Immigration and Work Permit policies and procedures...will be interesting to see what happens over the next week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic