Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by kampotdjb »

I flew with Singapore Airlines IST - SIN - PNH 3 days ago.
No Forte was required at check-in.
All I needed was PCR, eVisa and Vaccination Proof.

At PNH I needed to show my vaccination card (which actually proves nothing), eVisa and then I was antigen tested.

Testing took about 1 hour as there were long queues.

Nice to be back.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Mezzanine wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:20 pm i came last week without forte-insurance, just my belgian official belgian health-insurance, but they made me a document especifying thats they covered me, in cambodia, included covid and the dates !! Was okay for cambodia airlines in BKK at check-in, even nobody knew that at that moment !!
So no documents for Thailand required?
I WAS speaking of entering Cambodia, from Bangkok. Only needed PCR-test, e-visa and vacc-cerificate, plus eventually my own insurance !! Thats all, as of date from 21 november !!
Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

Post by Mezzanine »

I am sorry! Thought you had been transitting thru Thailand.
Because thats what I am gonna do. And they say you need an insurance for Thailand only for transit.
But if Forte isn´t needed I will get one which is for all asian countries and my problem should be solved.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

in fact i was transiting in Thailand, but my transit-time in Phuket took about 105 days !! ?? Flying Phuket ot Bangkok, no questions asked, nothing at all !!
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:57 am I flew with Singapore Airlines IST - SIN - PNH 3 days ago.

At PNH I needed to show my vaccination card (which actually proves nothing), eVisa and then I was antigen tested.

Nice to be back.
I saw in one of your posts you mentioned arrivals needed a Cambodian telephone number.

Why is that and how would a tourist arrange that?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

they asked me also about a khmer number, and i said them: i used to have, but lost the number because didnt reload enough during the 2 last years. They took my Belgian phone number and just asked they could text to it, because if something hapenns they can reach you, probably if someone tested positive near me on the airplane. That should be te only reason !!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

kagi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:32 pm
kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:57 am I flew with Singapore Airlines IST - SIN - PNH 3 days ago.

Nice to be back.
I saw in one of your posts you mentioned arrivals needed a Cambodian telephone number.

Why is that and how would a tourist arrange that?
they ask that all the time. I understand your issue. How can you have a Cambodian number if never or not in Cambodia. I usually put my friend's number in cambodia. Or just make up a number. Even for address I am unsure if i put the correct address half the time when i arrive. Just have an address and number handy. I even used an old address and just put it down
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

Reporting after my trip is almost complete, I can say that for me, travelling overseas is no longer a pleasure nowadays, me being a plane spotter enthusiast. Both outbound and inbound have been a stress. Outbound, the origin airport + the 2 connections + the final destination, were very strict in checking all the documents. Hong Kong was scary. Same it was in Helsinki. I was feeling I could be sent back to origin at any point. So it basically depends on you, the traveller, to have all your documents correct, but that is easier to say than to do. I mean, it could happen that you buy a $1000 flight ticket, you calculate the PCR dates wrong (or you're positive?), and you're done. Yes, there are cancellation insurances.
Way back, the same. I transitted in Singapore, where I'm now. The lady at the desk at Pochentong made me sweat until she gave the OK. Making some questions ("this is not from Ministry of Health, no sir?", "do you have other sheet?"). I guess it was all correct, but in every desk they just make all these questions as if they were very confused, as if they were just not sure of anything. They just ask for everything, either mandatory or not, and with the usual Cambodian chilled behavior, it makes it all more funny and surreal; as if anytime the girl could tell u "sorry sir no have" as if you were asking for more sugar in your coffee.
Before the way back, I had to decide myself if I would make PCR or ART, and save some money, but yet, I wanted zero risk. so I asked the staff at Raffles, who seemed very informed, and re-assured me, the ART was enough. Before Raffles, I had asked in Intercare clinic (one of the 3 supposedly officially accepted), where there was PCR for $130. I would have done it if it wasn't for the reassuring answer at Raffles. Regarding the roll out of new rules in the airports, information arrives all the airports from second one; it happens telematically So if a new measure is added, the staff at the desks know it inmediately, for good and bad. Example, my country of origin had just added a few days ago new Health Form check to be completed (one more step to make all the experience of travelling tedious) and the girl at Pochentong, after looking at her screen, asked me for it. Luckily I had filled it before commuting to the airport.

So, considering all this, now I feel myself more confident in repeating the process, but i have to say I'm a bit masochist. I don't think many people are really feeling like doing all this process for a family of 4, for example, with all the extra costs, tests, risks, etc.
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

Oh, I forgot to mention in my chronicle, that my initial fly back (through KL) was cancelled during my stay in Cambo, so I had to request refund. Second attempt (through Singapore, happening now), flight to Zurich is delayed 4h, which will make me loose connection to final destination. Swiss arranged a fix for this, but still, all the airlines are dealing with the unpredictable, and they just cancel flights, my guess is, when not enough passengers. In my outbound flight, we were around 80 people on board of a A330. Plenty of beds.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

DaniHirsch wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:14 am Reporting after my trip is almost complete, I can say that for me, travelling overseas is no longer a pleasure nowadays, me being a plane spotter enthusiast. Both outbound and inbound have been a stress. Outbound, the origin airport + the 2 connections + the final destination, were very strict in checking all the documents. Hong Kong was scary. Same it was in Helsinki. I was feeling I could be sent back to origin at any point. So it basically depends on you, the traveller, to have all your documents correct, but that is easier to say than to do. I mean, it could happen that you buy a $1000 flight ticket, you calculate the PCR dates wrong (or you're positive?), and you're done. Yes, there are cancellation insurances.
Way back, the same. I transitted in Singapore, where I'm now. The lady at the desk at Pochentong made me sweat until she gave the OK. Making some questions ("this is not from Ministry of Health, no sir?", "do you have other sheet?"). I guess it was all correct, but in every desk they just make all these questions as if they were very confused, as if they were just not sure of anything. They just ask for everything, either mandatory or not, and with the usual Cambodian chilled behavior, it makes it all more funny and surreal; as if anytime the girl could tell u "sorry sir no have" as if you were asking for more sugar in your coffee.
Before the way back, I had to decide myself if I would make PCR or ART, and save some money, but yet, I wanted zero risk. so I asked the staff at Raffles, who seemed very informed, and re-assured me, the ART was enough. Before Raffles, I had asked in Intercare clinic (one of the 3 supposedly officially accepted), where there was PCR for $130. I would have done it if it wasn't for the reassuring answer at Raffles. Regarding the roll out of new rules in the airports, information arrives all the airports from second one; it happens telematically So if a new measure is added, the staff at the desks know it inmediately, for good and bad. Example, my country of origin had just added a few days ago new Health Form check to be completed (one more step to make all the experience of travelling tedious) and the girl at Pochentong, after looking at her screen, asked me for it. Luckily I had filled it before commuting to the airport.

So, considering all this, now I feel myself more confident in repeating the process, but i have to say I'm a bit masochist. I don't think many people are really feeling like doing all this process for a family of 4, for example, with all the extra costs, tests, risks, etc.
I agree, it is very stressful. When leaving out of JFK August 2021-- they made me wait, which felt like hours. CHecking, double and triple checking documents. It makes you feel helpless. I remember last year I happen to have had 2 copies of my Forte insurance. I handed them the black and white first and they said its not accepted because Cambodia wants color copies. I was like WTF.. but thank god i had it.

It actually seems easier now from last year but I may be wrong.
1. visa
2. pcr test ( w/ all the information) 72 hours before arrival
3. Covid vaccine card
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic