Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by Kigna »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:51 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 am
Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am Is it true the news that vaccinated people no longer quarantine in hotels since November 30?

do you know if the terrestrial borders are already open?
Land borders are shut to the general traveller.

Also, you must arrive by air to take advantage of the quarantine-free arrival (actually there is a one-night quarantine as you await the arrival PCR test). <<Note: Can only apply for no-quarantine arrival if you are from one of 63 so-called low-risk countries.
Is he talking about Thailand or Cambodia?
please have the link with the list of 63 low risk countries? My plane arrives from amsterdam and with a european passport even if i reside in central america
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 am
Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am Is it true the news that vaccinated people no longer quarantine in hotels since November 30?

Also, you must arrive by air to take advantage of the quarantine-free arrival (actually there is a one-night quarantine as you await the arrival PCR test). <<Note: Can only apply for no-quarantine arrival if you are from one of 63 so-called low-risk countries.
Right. My mistake. He was asking about Thailand in another thread and I mixed up this thread with the Thai thread. @Kigna ignore my description here, which applies to Thailand, not Cambodia.
However my question is: you can enter cambodia from thailand via poipet or koh kong ?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:25 am

please have the link with the list of 63 low risk countries? My plane arrives from amsterdam and with a european passport even if i reside in central america
OK, just to make it clear: This is the list of low-risk countries published by THAILAND. If your nationality is on this list, then you can skip quarantine upon arrival in Thailand:

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/updatelist301064
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Arrived from Amsterdam and europen passport
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:32 am

OK, just to make it clear: This is the list of low-risk countries published by THAILAND. If your nationality is on this list, then you can skip quarantine upon arrival in Thailand:

However, this list does not specify whether it refers to residence or nationality.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:32 am

I fixed this sentence and removed "nationality." OK, just to make it clear: This is the list of low-risk countries published by THAILAND. If you depart from one of these countries on this list, then you can skip quarantine upon arrival in Thailand.

However, this list does not specify whether it refers to residence or nationality.
I removed the word nationality because while it applies to most people, if you are residing in a country on this list, you can enter Thailand without quarantine.

Link to Bangkok Post story on list of countries.:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... tine-rules
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

I am looking to fly to PP from Europe via Bangkok. Thai airways website indicates that international transit through BKK is allowed.

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en_KR ... 10_01.page

Have any of you guys heard otherwise? Many thanks in advance for any info!
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

I see a lot of answers of the like "if you waited 2 years you can wait 18 days", elligible for dozens of likes, and comments from people NOT doing this trip now.
My answers: each case is different. Maybe some of us cannot wait 18 days and this measure came in a right but tight moment, my job agenda for example is damn complex now. Now or never. I am not retired, cannot do "in 18 days". Also can only travel during weekends, a.k.a, Saturdays.

On the other hand, all the confusion about the "real signature or stamp. That is not necessary, they just want a signature and a stamp from a legit clinic, no need to be real ink at all. Conducting people into breaking the law (faking stamps and signatures) can be dangerous.

Regarding the Forte, they keep asking for it, but it is not mandatory. Yes, contradictory. In my case I had it just to feel safer, etc. But I know (I saw with my eyes) that it was not mandatory. So, no need of "airports rolling out the new rules".

But let me note, each transit becomes a bit like Ellis Island immigration lines. This is still a tough trip, more if you have 2 or more layovers, and getting more strict as you approach final destination, which makes it quite exhausting. They check data in depth in every transit and control.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Last edited by DaniHirsch on Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

DaniHirsch wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:54 am I see a lot of answers of the like "if you waited 2 years you can wait 18 days", elligible for dozens of likes, and comments from people NOT doing this trip now.
My answers: each case is different. Maybe some of us cannot wait 18 days and this measure came in a right but tight moment, my job agenda for example is damn complex now. Now or never. I am not retired, cannot do "in 18 days". Also can only travel during weekends, a.k.a, Saturdays.

On the other hand, all the BS of the "real signature or stamp. That is not necessary, they just want a signature and a stamp from a legit clinic, no need to be real ink at all. Conducting people into breaking the law (faking stamps and signatures) can be dangerous.

Regarding the Forte, they keep asking for it, but it is not mandatory. Yes, contradictory. In my case I had it just to feel safer, etc. But I know (I saw with my eyes) that it was not mandatory. So, no need of "airports rolling out the new rules".

But let me note, each transit becomes a bit like Ellis Island immigration lines. This is still a tough trip, more if you have 2 or more layovers, and getting more strict as you approach final destination, which makes it quite exhausting.
I think you should relax. You been getting advice from people who are on point with information. @Doc67 @PSD-Kiwi and i think even @Jamie_Lambo

all 3 of them have valuable information and passed it on to you. Obviously you will do what you feel comfortable with but they have helped many people on this site including myself.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

I'm relaxed thank you, i just observed some condescendence along with the advices. I guess nothing comes for free. Anyway, congrats, you chose the right side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic