Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by atst »

They ask which arm you had it in and they cut your arm off and look inside , don't panic they put your arm back on. :facepalm:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BongSamlang
Tourist
Austria

Post by BongSamlang »

I entered 2 days ago fully vaccinated. They check first all your papers, i brought my yellow international vaccination book and a print out (signed and stamped) from my goverment (EU) which shows my vaccination status with QR code.

Insurance not needed anymore. More important like mentioned earlier is the PCR Test which should have stamp and signature.

Also bring your printed e-visa, can be black and white.

After they check all this (took some time since my flight was full) you pass immigration like before covid, grab your bags and move on to the rapid test. After 10 min. Test came back negativ. They put a small blue sticker on you and you free to go.

Good to be back finally again :-)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

BongSamlang wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:33 am I entered 2 days ago fully vaccinated. They check first all your papers, i brought my yellow international vaccination book and a print out (signed and stamped) from my goverment (EU) which shows my vaccination status with QR code.

Insurance not needed anymore. More important like mentioned earlier is the PCR Test which should have stamp and signature.

After they check all this (took some time since my flight was full) you pass immigration like before covid, grab your bags and move on to the rapid test. After 10 min. Test came back negativ. They put a small blue sticker on you and you free to go.

@BongSamlang Thanks for the arrival details. So, insurance not needed. Did you offer your insurance proof? Is this statement from an official at arrival?

Full flight. Interesting. Judging by the recent sudden spike in activity on the Cambodia Visa and Work Permit board, folks are clamouring to visit/return to the kingdom.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Just arrived on Cambodia-air flight at 12.30, everything very smooth, didnt buy te forte-insurance but went very early to BKK-airport, in the case they would make problems, try to buy it quickly on-line before boarding. Give them my Belgian health insurance, where was specified "Cambodia, unlimlited coverage, and dates, and they were okay with that, didnt ask why, or maybe withou either, was happy to get through (knever wake a sleeping lyon) !! Flight was about 40% full, arrival in PP was quicker then it was 2 years ago, very well organised. The last check is de antigen-test, i was a bit lucky being the 7th passenger in the cue, didnt take 15 minutes before results. Nice to be back in town !!! Ssjoookaamooiii !!
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

BongSamlang wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:33 am I entered 2 days ago fully vaccinated. They check first all your papers, i brought my yellow international vaccination book and a print out (signed and stamped) from my goverment (EU) which shows my vaccination status with QR code.

so first they only check your vaccination certificate? or even your passport?
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Is it true the news that vaccinated people no longer quarantine in hotels since November 30?

do you know if the terrestrial borders are already open?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am Is it true the news that vaccinated people no longer quarantine in hotels since November 30?

Since November 15th quarantine is gone for vaccinated people.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am Is it true the news that vaccinated people no longer quarantine in hotels since November 30?

REPLY DELETED. MIXED UP THREADS.
Last edited by ExPenhMan on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 am

Land borders are shut to the general traveller.

Also, you must arrive by air to take advantage of the quarantine-free arrival (actually there is a one-night quarantine as you await the arrival PCR test). <<Note: Can only apply for no-quarantine arrival if you are from one of 63 so-called low-risk countries.
Is he talking about Thailand or Cambodia?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:51 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 am

Land borders are shut to the general traveller.

Also, you must arrive by air to take advantage of the quarantine-free arrival (actually there is a one-night quarantine as you await the arrival PCR test). <<Note: Can only apply for no-quarantine arrival if you are from one of 63 so-called low-risk countries.
Is he talking about Thailand or Cambodia?
Right. My mistake. He was asking about Thailand in another thread and I mixed up this thread with the Thai thread. @Kigna ignore my description here, which applies to Thailand, not Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic