Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@DaniHirsch sometimes you need to think outside the box....go to a stationary store, purchase yourself an "Original" ink stamp & a blue pen ;)
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

Yeah, and that is just how problems start.

Seriously, all clinics brag about they deliver "digital" certificate. I had to change clinic just for this crap. The one in my airport didnt confirm can do.

So we are talking of minimizing risks, and then, we recommend stamping papers ourselves.
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by camborambo »

The Certificate have stamp and are Signed,just Print out in colour.,and englisch you can Change the language in the mail.
I had more than one our Diskussion because the Check in staff want to See the Deposit and Hotel Reservation.
After a Lot of calls ,OK.
But the insurance was neccersary.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaniHirsch wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 am Yeah, and that is just how problems start.

Seriously, all clinics brag about they deliver "digital" certificate. I had to change clinic just for this crap. The one in my airport didnt confirm can do.

So we are talking of minimizing risks, and then, we recommend stamping papers ourselves.
This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't book a ticket for a week ahead and then figure out what the entry requirements are and if you can comply.

It has been said before and it's worth repeating: The latest rule changes will settle down in a couple of weeks. You've been barred from entry for 18 months, what's another 18 days?

Regarding the Covid Certificate, coloured rubber stamps impress Khmer officials and a signature or two, in different colour pens look very nice. Nobody is going to call the clinic and ask if their "Original" stamp is authentic.

Good luck getting in, it will be worth the stress and effort.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:12 pm
Bongmab69 wrote:just booked my BKK-PNH flight for sunday, all-in it was 83 U$ !! Asked them how about the Forte-insurance, but still now reply about it !! Any updates from some-one who flied in this week ??
What airline you flying with? I think the first/biggest issue would be the check in desk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i am flying with cambodian airways, would think they have better up-to-date information about it then a thai airlines. Did ask them also by e-mail, but still no reply. Hope to find out tomorrow when an other guy is doing the same flight, forget his name !! ?? Anyway, i have aranged my own belgian insurance, saying especified dates, and specified: unlimited coverage for cambodia. Any airport-checl-in-manager should understand that, but ofcourse, there is always MURPHYS !! ??
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:50 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm
GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:43 pm maybe a bit off topic, but anyone had problems to fly in PP without a return ticket lately ??
I'm flying bkk-Pp this saturday on a E visa, i haven't booked a return flight but i did purchase a "return" flight off this site for $12 https://onwardticket.com/ (looks good printed out) i will let you know if they even ask for proof of onward travel
I would like to go on sunday witk cambodia airways, fly saturday-evening from Phuket to BKK, sleep there and on sunday before noon BKK-PNH. Keep me informed, especially about the insurance, did you buy the forte-one, or you have something betters, or nothing at all !!
I did buy the forte insurance for 30 days for $120 as I couldn't get a clear answer anywhere if its necessary, been told its not needed for the tourist visa but then have also read its required for entry. I'll update on Saturday if its checked
Goodafternoon Garfield, could yoy PM me, just to make sure i have tomorrow the inforamtion about that forte-insurance, i fly the day behind you, you know, i suppose you are not always online with CEO and probably i will miss the information as tomorrow is saturday !! ?? How long did it take to make the insurance ?? Cheers mate !!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

DaniHirsch wrote:Yeah, and that is just how problems start.

Haha everyone has been stamping their covid fit to fly certificates since the start of the pandemic, even when i flew last year i paid extra to get it done at a private clinic with next day results n hard copy certificate signed by a doctor and i STILL went to a stationary shop after n bought some red stamps to make it more sexy for immigration

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Cambodia has a weird obsession with stamps that stems from the French. The thumbprints is an even weirder one, but at least they don't insist on that for foreign documents.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:07 am
DaniHirsch wrote:Yeah, and that is just how problems start.

Haha everyone has been stamping their covid fit to fly certificates since the start of the pandemic, even when i flew last year i paid extra to get it done at a private clinic with next day results n hard copy certificate signed by a doctor and i STILL went to a stationary shop after n bought some red stamps to make it more sexy for immigration

What did it have on the stamp?
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

someone kindly if he has already arrived at the airport in phnom penh with the two vaccinations can you tell us how it is checked?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic