Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Cambodia - Reduced Quarantine on Arrival

Post by Freightdog »

Wouldn't it be great for those of us in quarantine already, for it to be brought to an early halt!?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:32 pm Delta only spreads among the plebs, and the cash cow of hotel quarantine rules
If the goal of this quarantine is to keep Delta out maybe the Iron Grandpa should contact me because I've got some news to share.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:40 pm
atst wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:32 pm Delta only spreads among the plebs, and the cash cow of hotel quarantine rules
If the goal of this quarantine is to keep Delta out maybe the Iron Grandpa should contact me because I've got some news to share.
And you think Iron Grandpa doesn't already know the news you may wish to share with him.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

As we say back home: " A mountain was shaking, and mouse was born" . :hattip:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There are several things in this directive which need clarification. I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually an amendment to this directive soon because it's gonna create a lot of confusion and issues for people travelling to Cambodia, not to mention with airlines staff.

If anything, this directive actually makes things even more difficult for for foreigners travelling to Cambodia.

Also worth noting, the directive hasn't even been signed/stamped, so technically it isn't even official yet
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:37 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:40 pm
And you think Iron Grandpa doesn't already know the news you may wish to share with him.
I think he knows, but on a serious note.... When you think about it, what's the current function of the whole quarantine?
If the function is to reduce / discourage high dense travel I get it, but if the goal is to keep the virus(variant) out...... It looks like the complete cocktail has somehow found its' way in already.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

where do those that have a current valid extension fit?
how many days quarantine?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm where do those that have a current valid extension fit?
Since Khmer language has no word for 'refund' other than 'return money' I guess they're locked for the full price, full time. :stir:
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Pure comedy. :D

Also, Beerlao (ເບຍລາວ) is produced by the Lao Brewery Company (LBC) of Vientiane, Laos.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm where do those that have a current valid extension fit?
Not even mentioned, probably not even considered, those who drafted the directive probably have very limited knowledge of Immigration practices.

It is obvious that someone leaked this directive to the Khmer Times prematurely, as it has not been signed or stamped, none of the relevant Ministries have published it publicly, and no other media outlets have published it either. So while it appears official, it may not actually be the finalised, official document. I predict the finalised, official directive won't actually be publicly published until the 18th, the day that it goes into effect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic