Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

Title says it all really...
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

Post by Rain Dog »

Incredibly dull fight --- neither fighter had a mark on their face at the end of the fight. I thought the fight was much closer and that PacMan could conceivably have won it (115-113 either way). Mayweather is the greatest defensive fighter of all time, but aggression should count for something too. PacMan had his flurries but fewer as the fight went on.

Has now claimed he fought with a serious shoulder injury and is already hinting at a rematch.

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Just watched the fight and it wasn't close at all. Manny won 4, 6, & 10. I gave him 8 too, but it could've been a draw. The rest went to Floyd without a doubt. Manny chased, but he didn't throw. What he did throw was picked off continuously. I was expecting more volume, but Mayweather's jab & straight right kept him at bay. Manny delivered the best punch of the fight in the 4th, staggering Floyd, but that was about it. No clue what you ^^^^ were looking at. I hate the fuck outta Mayweather. He's a piece of shit outside the ring, but you can't let that color your perception of the fight.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

wackyjacky wrote:Just watched the fight and it wasn't close at all. Manny won 4, 6, & 10. I gave him 8 too, but it could've been a draw. The rest went to Floyd without a doubt. Manny chased, but he didn't throw. What he did throw was picked off continuously. I was expecting more volume, but Mayweather's jab & straight right kept him at bay. No clue what you were looking at. I hate the fuck outta Mayweather too. He's a piece of shit outside the ring, but you can't let that color your perception of the fight.
Can't remember how I scored each around, but I thought Pacqiao won round 2 as well. I had 5 rounds for each and two that could have gone either way. Mayweather blocked a lot of shots but he ate some hard ones too. I just think you need to do more than duck, block and grab to win rounds. I do think that Mayweather got stronger as the fight went on. His right got stronger as the fight went on -- his jab was more about maintaining distance than actually doing any damage at all.

Have not seen the punch stats yet, which I tend to find are a pretty good (not perfect) indicator of how the fight went.

Cheers,

RD
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I posted them earlier. Here you go. Just click on it.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

wackyjacky wrote:I posted them earlier. Here you go. Just click on it.
Fair enough. The Jab #s are a bit bogus as they were more "distance maintaining" than punishing in any way. That said the other numbers do indicate that Mayweather landed more over all. I guess I would need to see the round by round numbers to have a better feel for the scoring.

Cheers,

RD
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

That'll probably be the last time I bother to watch a hyped up match in the US.

I just cannot see how boxing benefits from this. I thought Pacman dominated the corners and was the aggressor all the way through the fight. He thought he'd won it and so did I.

Neither fighter seemed to have the stopping power in their punches that you'd expect at such a high level. It was close, but I thought Pacman was over the line.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I watched the fight twice. Nobody in their right mind could possible give him > 4 rounds. Manny chased but he didn't throw much and here's why: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacq ... oxing.html. He actually attempted less and his hit rate was 1/2 that of Floyd's. I wish he had fought healthy and beat the cocksucker, but he wanted the money now I guess.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Manny wasnt in it for the money he was in it for the fans, hes already donated half of his fight prize to charity so he only got 20mill from the fight and floyd got 160mill lol
very lack luster fight and a massive let down, give me an arturo gatti fight any day, i dont mind defensive fighters but you need to attack as well, it just looked like a sparring session, neither looked like to be giving it 100% at first watch i thought manny had won, need to watch again with a sober head
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^ Manny still booked 80M after donating 40 to typhoon victims. Maybe he gallantly did it for them. If he did it for his fans, he fucked up. Fans want to see you win and that's pretty hard to do w/a torn rotator cuff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic