Let's go Brandon

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Let's go Brandon

Post by General Mackevili »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:16 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:13 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:41 am Wow. This is cutting edge humor for the 21st century. You guys are a real barrel of laughs. :?
Let's go Bingham!

Having night sweats about Trump again, are we? Don't be so sensitive. :good:
My 2c. :dm:
For many of us non-US people, it is funny (in a strange way) how seriously you (in the US) take your politics. Why does it have to be all or nothing ?
It's like you (US people in general) are shooting yourselves in the foot, because that will teach "them" (the other side) a lesson. Can you really not get on together and work something out ?
If not, what does that say for world peace and US brokering of peace agreements etc.
Spoiler:
Shite
Literally had a political party try and stop an election.
Before when it was just clutching guns and bibles it was funny. Now it’s a movement to overthrow the government and impose minority will on the majority.
Exactly. January 6 was the darkest day in US history, way, way worse than 911. The president literally told people to go in and stop the election process by force, using Qanon jargon like 'protest peacefully' and later 'go home' which we all know what it really means. Luckily, his country bumkin minions are so stupid they forgot to bring any guns, so couldn't pull off the attack, thus unable to kill a single person in history's largest and most evil insurrection. It's also a true mystery how he had any minions left at this point, as he directly told them all to drink bleach earlier to fight Covid. Dark, dark days they were, but we voted him out and everything is fine once again.
:stir:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

How dare you speak like that about the best presidentsy my country ever had , look what a mess the new jerk got us into now !
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:26 am Exactly. January 6 was the darkest day in US history, way, way worse than 911.
We all had a good chuckle on Twitter about such statements.

PS-I learned about Brandon this morning. Don't care much either way.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:26 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:41 am Wow. This is cutting edge humor for the 21st century. You guys are a real barrel of laughs. :?
Let's go Bingham!

For many of us non-US people, it is funny (in a strange way) how seriously you (in the US) take your politics. Why does it have to be all or nothing ?
It's like you (US people in general) are shooting yourselves in the foot, because that will teach "them" (the other side) a lesson. Can you really not get on together and work something out ?
If not, what does that say for world peace and US brokering of peace agreements etc.
Spoiler:
Shite
Before when it was just clutching guns and bibles it was funny. Now it’s a movement to overthrow the government and impose minority will on the majority.
Exactly. January 6 was the darkest day in US history, way, way worse than 911. The president literally told people to go in and stop the election process by force, using Qanon jargon like 'protest peacefully' and later 'go home' which we all know what it really means. Luckily, his country bumkin minions are so stupid they forgot to bring any guns, so couldn't pull off the attack, thus unable to kill a single person in history's largest and most evil insurrection. It's also a true mystery how he had any minions left at this point, as he directly told them all to drink bleach earlier to fight Covid. Dark, dark days they were, but we voted him out and everything is fine once again.
:stir:
I'm sorry but to say that a bunch of people on a roadtrip to the capital was "way worse" than 911 is preposterous.

74 Million people voted for Trump. A mob of 800 broke into the capital. That's 0.00108108108%, a rounding error.
99.999% of Trump supporters just got on with their lives with varying degrees of disgruntlement. I suspect that after his post loss behaviour many were quietly relieved he was gone.

The only correlation I see between these two incidents is a massive and colossally expensive security apparatus that bristles with pride and hubris, was exposed as being vulnerable and ineffective, despite numerous warnings.

They knew they were coming to town, so how did 800 drooling yeehaws manage to breach the Capitol security?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:36 am They knew they were coming to town, so how did 800 drooling yeehaws manage to breach the Capitol security?
It was directed by Stanley Kubrick, obviously.

:popcorn:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:36 am The only correlation I see between these two incidents is a massive and colossally expensive security apparatus that bristles with pride and hubris, was exposed as being vulnerable and ineffective, despite numerous warnings.
My thoughts on the matter:
1. The capital city of a nation with a massive military force has its security breached by a relatively small, disorganized bunch of people. It that was a coup, it was a rather half-assed, farcical one.
2. The media immediately called them "rioters", while the League of St. George is still being called "protestors".
3. Looters from 2020 are having their charges dropped, while some of the 1/6 guys are in solitary confinement.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 am
Let's go Bingham!

Spoiler:
Shite
I think you have it backwards. The 'let's go Brandon!' is just a silly gag, but Bingham seems to get seriously triggered by anything political that he doesn't agree with.

I couldn't care less what he thinks about it, lol, just weird to see him get so upset over it.
So upset? Triggered? I thought it was a lame joke, that's all.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:45 pm Image
and his cat...

TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Let's go Bingham!

Spoiler:
Shite
What was it called when the “majority” caused double fencing to be installed around the White House, burned a church, and then stormed the perimeter while calling Trump “bunker boy”? What about when Kavanaugh was being sworn in and a liberal mob rushed SCOTUS and was beaten back at the doors? The only overthrown is by liberals who aren’t held responsible. An election was stolen and the right had a ‘mostly peaceful’ protest and that crosses the line all of a sudden with liberals who had been destroying cities for years?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic