Any Aussies tell me what this was about?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Any Aussies tell me what this was about?

Post by TWY »

Looks like someone resigned - I'm guessing she imposed severe lockdowns?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Any Aussies tell me what this was about?

Post by nemo »

She is under investigation by the Independent Commission Against Corruption
Where they find these losers is a real mystery
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

She had an ongoing relationship (before becoming premier and while premier) with a guy who is under investigation for corruption (including taking payments from Chinese property developers). There are recordings of her saying ‘I don’t need to know that’ when he began to go into detail about money he could get from deals. So it is thought she turned a blind eye to corruption and failed to report matters because he was a boyfriend.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

violet wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:43 am She had an ongoing relationship (before becoming premier and while premier) with a guy who is under investigation for corruption (including taking payments from Chinese property developers). There are recordings of her saying ‘I don’t need to know that’ when he began to go into detail about money he could get from deals. So it is thought she turned a blind eye to corruption and failed to report matters because he was a boyfriend.
He wasn't just "a guy", he was an MP from her government, who subsequently resigned in 2018. It's taken this long for it all to catch up with her.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like she's just like most of the losers we have in the US Congress. At least you somehow got her to resign. Most of our crooks just smile and keep on lying (and stealing).
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she did a fairly good job being premier and steering us through the COVID mess. I doubt she had a lot of success with the opposite sex in her early years as she was ordinary to look at . In fact she looks better now in her fifties then she has at any stage of he life. The boy friend was part of her government and used her to his advantage, she knew he was shifty and tried to keep his corrupt dealings at arm length. The heart does strange things and blinds us at times, I’m sure we’ve all been there and made dumb decisions
But yes she is guilty and it will be proven, she has fell on her sword all for letting an arse hole steel her heart.
Poor Gladys
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:34 pm I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she did a fairly good job being premier and steering us through the COVID mess. I doubt she had a lot of success with the opposite sex in her early years as she was ordinary to look at . In fact she looks better now in her fifties then she has at any stage of he life. The boy friend was part of her government and used her to his advantage, she knew he was shifty and tried to keep his corrupt dealings at arm length. The heart does strange things and blinds us at times, I’m sure we’ve all been there and made dumb decisions
But yes she is guilty and it will be proven, she has fell on her sword all for letting an arse hole steel her heart.
Poor Gladys
I mostly agree with this, but not the "poor Gladys" part. As soon as she became aware he was acting illegally, she should have reported him for corruption.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
La Quenta
Expatriate
Swaziland

Post by La Quenta »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:34 pm I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she did a fairly good job being premier and steering us through the COVID mess. I doubt she had a lot of success with the opposite sex in her early years as she was ordinary to look at . In fact she looks better now in her fifties then she has at any stage of he life. The boy friend was part of her government and used her to his advantage, she knew he was shifty and tried to keep his corrupt dealings at arm length. The heart does strange things and blinds us at times, I’m sure we’ve all been there and made dumb decisions
Poor Gladys
Good grief. you can't be serious.

You really seem to have fallen hook line & sinker for News Limited's propaganda. You've beasically paraphrased their propaganda.

This has been an issue for her for 12 months already, and it is clear reading between the lines that there is guilt there. You cannot have the leader of a state or nation continuing in their role when they've been embroilled in corruption for 12 months and are under investigation.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

La Quenta wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:14 am
Poor Gladys
Good grief. you can't be serious.

Who talks like that, who are you snaggle puss!!
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic