J&J/Janssen vaccine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

J&J/Janssen vaccine

Post by RVN67 »

Does anyone know where the J&J jab is still available. I've scoured the official vaccination sites, sent off emails, no replies, called hospital phone numbers and nobody ever picks up and have tried the govt site which for some reason I can't get to send because the red blanks are unfillable.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: J&J/Janssen vaccine

Post by cabron »

LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm Does anyone know where the J&J jab is still available. I've scoured the official vaccination sites, sent off emails, no replies, called hospital phone numbers and nobody ever picks up and have tried the govt site which for some reason I can't get to send because the red blanks are unfillable.
Are you for real, or you just arrive from Jupiter.
:suicide:
Boredom is like a shroud
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Jupiter, why do you ask? Furthermore what planet I'm from have to with my question other than you being a sarcastic ass? If you can't be civil then piss off!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm Does anyone know where the J&J jab is still available. I've scoured the official vaccination sites, sent off emails, no replies, called hospital phone numbers and nobody ever picks up and have tried the govt site which for some reason I can't get to send because the red blanks are unfillable.
Honest question asked deserves an honest reply. :dm:
Hopefully someone else will have the answer. Are you in PP ?
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Yes, BKK1 area, thank you.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

If I am not mistaken they were using the J&J on front line medical staff. Also because of what they are, being a one shot vaccine I would have thought the higher important people would have chosen that vaccine for their booster.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

cabron wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 pm
Are you for real, or you just arrive from Jupiter.
:suicide:
Hahaha that's funny man. Khmers are awful in terms of responding, unless there's money owed to them, of course. You can go to Angdong hospital and get the AstraZeneca booster.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

OP check comment in my like of your post.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

I've been down the rabbit hole on the J&J. It's a non-recurring adenovirus vaccine.
"An adenovirus vaccine is a vaccine against adenovirus infection. It was used by the United States military from 1971 to 1999, but was discontinued when the only manufacturer stopped production. Wikipedia".
This is why I'm chasing it as it has a proven track record, not because it doesn't need a booster. It also will not work well with the other bioNtec types. So if you get one of the others then you're SOL with the J&J. And yes I've read that it's being reserved for the hill tribes and the military that is administering it. However there were over 1 million doses donated by the US so that amount should cover the above and then some by a large margin.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The limited supply of J&J vaccines were prioritised for those living in remote areas as only 1 dose was required, makes perfect sense from a logistical pov.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic