J&J/Janssen vaccine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: J&J/Janssen vaccine

Post by RVN67 »

Yep, just depends on the amount of money that can be divved up! I don't t2rust any of them. Remember the FDA approved Thalidomide for morning sickness too! Same stuff with dioxin (2,4,5T/D) but on a different level. Same same, no different!
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

LionelBurns wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:25 pm Born: "The ultimate difference is the way the instructions are delivered. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use mRNA technology, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses the more traditional virus-based technology. mRNA is essentially a little piece of code that the vaccine delivers to your cells."
Yep - understand that! What the clinical studies are showing now in smaller cohort trials is that mixing the vaccines whether they were mRNA or adenovirus actually causes a boosted immune response. It might seem counter intuitive, but in the end it isn't. The mRNA codes for the spike protein, when you get the jab, the mRNA can enter directly into a cell,which then produces the spike protein and expresses it on the surface of a cell. This presents to immune cells to them to make the suitable antibodies. The adenovirus is not that much different, except that the DNA that codes for the spike protein is in the adenovirus genome. So when this virus infects a cell, it releases the genetic material, which again produces the spike protein which is presented on the surface of the cells they infect for the immune cells to elicit an immune response, ie make antibodies. So effectively, the immune response is to the same protein for both. There are subtle differences on how it presents on the surface, hence why there are different efficacies. It is this difference in that the mixing seems to be advantageous, as your immune cells think they have seen this protein before, but it isn't quite the same, so lets make more antibodies to the one before, but also to the new one that they are seeing.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Born: Thank you for your in depth analysis and I mean it . There is a lot of information that I've read that's above my pay grade so I can't absorb or understand it.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

itenos wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:18 pm
cabron wrote:
LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:08 pm Jupiter, why do you ask? Furthermore what planet I'm from have to with my question other than you being a sarcastic ass? If you can't be civil then piss off!
By the way the correct name is; Johnson & Johnson.
No cabron, you're wrong! That's the name of the manufacturer. The name of the product is Janssen, as correctly written by the OP

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk
To be super pedantic the trade name is “Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine”. Janssen is the European subsidiary of J&J who developed it, but it’s more often referred to as “J&J” in the US so that Americans can pretend they invented it like they do with BioNTec vs Pfizer.

Calling it “Janssen” is like referring to an Apple Watch as “Apple” - which is fine if you’re distinguishing it from other makes of watch (“do you have an Android watch or Apple?”), but that’s not its actual full name.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Now I get it, cabrón is Spanish for dumbass! It fits cabron. :ROFL:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I agree that there's some good in depth analysis about the vaccine, but more so has used as the booster. But I recall if correct that the Chinese at some point over the Delta strain that emerged, gave them concerns about their own two vaccines. Then deciding to use a booster shot would probably help the situation. Mix and match I am not too sure about, because there's too many variables. Also thinking of the numbers that have been mentioned, or put forward, no matter how much you look at it, if they say 50% of the deaths from Covid19 are the ones who had not taken the vaccine, but still the other 50% who also died did take the vaccine. Odds to the normal person looks like a 50/50 chance now. So a booster maybe looks favourable, and because of the majority probably having one of the two most popular Chinese vaccines, it may concern some that if death still does occur then the vaccine don't work. So the AZ vaccine booster shot would be very favourable, even if it turns out to be a one shot.
But then think about the top authorities and officials, what would their vaccination order be -
1st AZ 2nd AZ booster AZ.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Cabrón: Now that it's known what Cabrón means is Spanish maybe you want to change it to 'pendajo'? :Yahoo!:
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 am I agree that there's some good in depth analysis about the vaccine, but more so has used as the booster. But I recall if correct that the Chinese at some point over the Delta strain that emerged, gave them concerns about their own two vaccines. Then deciding to use a booster shot would probably help the situation. Mix and match I am not too sure about, because there's too many variables. Also thinking of the numbers that have been mentioned, or put forward, no matter how much you look at it, if they say 50% of the deaths from Covid19 are the ones who had not taken the vaccine, but still the other 50% who also died did take the vaccine. Odds to the normal person looks like a 50/50 chance now. So a booster maybe looks favourable, and because of the majority probably having one of the two most popular Chinese vaccines, it may concern some that if death still does occur then the vaccine don't work. So the AZ vaccine booster shot would be very favourable, even if it turns out to be a one shot.
But then think about the top authorities and officials, what would their vaccination order be -
"Mix and match I am not too sure about, because there's too many variables" :D Worked a charm in the 80's, we used to call it speedballing.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:19 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 am I agree that there's some good in depth analysis about the vaccine, but more so has used as the booster. But I recall if correct that the Chinese at some point over the Delta strain that emerged, gave them concerns about their own two vaccines. Then deciding to use a booster shot would probably help the situation. Mix and match I am not too sure about, because there's too many variables. Also thinking of the numbers that have been mentioned, or put forward, no matter how much you look at it, if they say 50% of the deaths from Covid19 are the ones who had not taken the vaccine, but still the other 50% who also died did take the vaccine. Odds to the normal person looks like a 50/50 chance now. So a booster maybe looks favourable, and because of the majority probably having one of the two most popular Chinese vaccines, it may concern some that if death still does occur then the vaccine don't work. So the AZ vaccine booster shot would be very favourable, even if it turns out to be a one shot.
"Mix and match I am not too sure about, because there's too many variables" :D Worked a charm in the 80's, we used to call it speedballing.
Yes, but that is another matter, speedballing being a mixture of the illicit drugs Heroin and Cocaine.
On the other hand I suppose it would stop anyone who happened to do this, thinking of mix and match with the Covid19 vaccines, for a little while anyway.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I was talking with a Khmer friend earlier today, he lives near Prey Vang. He had the 1st and 2nd shot of Sinovac, then a booster of Sinovac ,that was four months back he told me. Since then he had the J&J.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic