J&J/Janssen vaccine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: J&J/Janssen vaccine

Post by RVN67 »

BTW Chuck, thanks for the advice. I won't eat the yellow snow! :ROFL:
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

The J&J is a non-recurring adenovirus vaccine. An adenovirus vaccine is a vaccine against adenovirus infection. It was used by the United States military from 1971 to 1999, but was discontinued when the only manufacturer stopped production.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:08 pm Jupiter, why do you ask? Furthermore what planet I'm from have to with my question other than you being a sarcastic ass? If you can't be civil then piss off!
By the way the correct name is; Johnson & Johnson.
Boredom is like a shroud
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Actually it's "Johnson & Johnson/Janssen" but thanks for the not needed education asshat! Obviously you lack the cerebral capacity to understand the use initials for a short cut. Go back to Uranus from whence you came!
itenos
Tourist

Post by itenos »

cabron wrote:
LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:08 pm Jupiter, why do you ask? Furthermore what planet I'm from have to with my question other than you being a sarcastic ass? If you can't be civil then piss off!
No cabron, you're wrong! That's the name of the manufacturer. The name of the product is Janssen, as correctly written by the OP

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

cabron wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 pm
LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm Does anyone know where the J&J jab is still available. I've scoured the official vaccination sites, sent off emails, no replies, called hospital phone numbers and nobody ever picks up and have tried the govt site which for some reason I can't get to send because the red blanks are unfillable.
Are you for real, or you just arrive from Jupiter.
:suicide:
Has Jupiter opened its borders?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:26 pm If I am not mistaken they were using the J&J on front line medical staff. Also because of what they are, being a one shot vaccine I would have thought the higher important people would have chosen that vaccine for their booster.
I was hoping for that for myself
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

LionelBurns wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:16 pm Actually it's "Johnson & Johnson/Janssen" but thanks for the not needed education asshat! Obviously you lack the cerebral capacity to understand the use initials for a short cut. Go back to Uranus from whence you came!
Hey, sarcasm dude, you have a problem with acronyms? Anyway, the vaccine was developed in the Netherlands by the J&J subsidiary, Janssen. The vial containing the vaccine only has the name Janssen (I still have it as my jab was the last one from that vial).

To the OP, I received my J&J at a health center near Prey Pros, Kampong Thom (on National Road #4). Had a friend check back with them recently but they said it was a one time delivery and they do not expect more. Good luck.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

When I was first refused to be vaccinated, I obviously went looking and asking around where I may have the opportunity to be vaccinated. They were doing a early roll out at a local clinic at Chbar Ampov. It was the guy who runs the Wing shop local to me, he told me the clinic recommended the J&J for him has he suffers from asthma. But that was no joy for me has the clinic were booked up with the police, and could not accept me. Also at the time there was no mention of those J&J vaccines in the country, but I have no reason to doubt that they had.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cabron wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:49 pm
Thanks for rectifying that. Unfortunately I didn't know this so for years I've been treating with my various conditions using Jesse & James medications from the Pokemon range. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic