Visa on arrival for selected countries at Thai international airports

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Visa on arrival for selected countries at Thai international airports

Post by Kigna »

Passport holders of the following countries and territories may apply for visa on arrival to enter Thailand at any international airport in Thailand from October 1, 2021.
Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan and Vanuatu.
N.B. Travellers need to apply for COE before entering Thailand.

https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus ... rts-374683
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Visa on arrival for selected countries at Thai international airports

Post by bittermelon »

Criteria for selecting countries? An even distribution across the English alphabet?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

note 64 countries, ( most western passports) get 30 day FREE visa exempt on arrival

and this does not bypass quarantine, needing a COE Before you arrive, medical insurance, pre booked hotel quarantine booking
pre paid covid tests
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Thailand just got removed from the UK's (silly) Red List, so no quarantine on return form Thailand.

With the removal of quarantine in Thailand from November 1st, Thailand just became quite user friendly for a Xmas break.

Enjoy all that pent up enthusiasm of hoards of Brits arriving...
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:31 am Thailand just got removed from the UK's (silly) Red List, so no quarantine on return form Thailand.

With the removal of quarantine in Thailand from November 1st, Thailand just became quite user friendly for a Xmas break.

Enjoy all that pent up enthusiasm of hoards of Brits arriving...
Provided we're allowed a drop of the wicked brew by then !!!
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Looks like Thailand has the jump on Cambodia and Vietnam for attracting tourist before Xmas
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 am note 64 countries, ( most western passports) get 30 day FREE visa exempt on arrival

and this does not bypass quarantine, needing a COE Before you arrive, medical insurance, pre booked hotel quarantine booking
pre paid covid tests
Hi Richard, it was 45 days for FREE when i arrived 2 months ago, and i didnt think it changed afterwords !! ??
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:53 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 am note 64 countries, ( most western passports) get 30 day FREE visa exempt on arrival

pre paid covid tests
Hi Richard, it was 45 days for FREE when i arrived 2 months ago, and i didnt think it changed afterwords !! ??
that was cause they were giving you an extra 15 days for the quarantine you were forced to do.
quarantine is now down to 7 days
.....Previous permitted period of stay was 30 days; the extension to 45 days will be in effect until 30 September 2021
https://thaiembdc.org/visa-exemption-an ... n-arrival/

I posted on another thread Thailand is ahead in attracting tourists :facepalm: an was shot down>>> :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

atst wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 am Looks like Thailand has the jump on Cambodia and Vietnam for attracting tourist before Xmas
That’s actually good for Cambodia as it’s on most people’s itinerary anyway who are visiting Thailand.
I’d imagine there’s far more people who do that than just come to Cambodia only, same for Vietnam - go there pop over to the also ran Cambodia.
People of the world, spice up your life.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

COE?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic