it is all blue...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: it is all blue...

Post by 4000islandsguy »

forgot how to embed.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

The blue you all were/are seeing on it is the wrong one... I had changed it to the navy blue of the CEO logo on the old site, but something I did reverted it back on me.

Once shit is more in order here i'll figure out what went fuckall with it. Weird part is that on my phone its still showing the "correct" blue... not the neon baby blue shit. As for "using up all the space since you have it" that pretty much has gone out the window in moder site design. reality is most people respond better with a bit of negative space.

regarding font size, prosilver (what 440 is using) has:
topic list titles at 13.2px vs our 13px. 0.2px isn't detectable to the eye, or likely even rendered by the browser.
topic list subtext at 11px across the board vs our 11px for less critical information and 13px for more important stuff like poster name and section.
post body text at 13px vs our 14px

so all of you hating on the font size... can you clarify WHICH font size? because so far as I can see ours are the about the same or bigger pretty much across the board with the standard theme.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Haters be getting bitch slapped up in here.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ive not had any of these problems, it went to the new format for a couple of days then it just went back to the old format no dodgy colours or fonts or anything lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I miss the new design, :(
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

MekongMouse wrote:I miss the new design, :(
go to "Profile", "Board settings" and choose it then.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Richard, suggested read (with nice examples):
http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/12 ... eb-design/

A good analogy would be: which is easier to shop at, a khmer market with super efficient use of space or a more spread out western supermarket?

The efficient use of space in the market is perfect if you know exactly what you're looking for and where to find it via the most efficient route, even though the tight corridors can make getting to it a bit of a bother. (in terms of a website, misclicking because things are too close and you were a little sloppy with the mouse or using a less precise touch device.)

The western supermarket makes more sense if you only have a vague idea of what you're after there and plan to shop and browse around a bit.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

works fine for websites
not for forums in my opinion.

What do u consider a Khmer market? Lucky's/ the one in the Aeon mall? Easy to find everything, wide aisles, well laid out/organized (Both very western ) or Russian Market? no place to walk, hot , dirty, a mess unless ur khmer an understand how things are organized

AS far as seo goes i will take NO negative space,
but i prefer the terms, clean, easy to navigate ---wins every time

PS: we both now we see EVERYTHING from opposite sides
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:works fine for websites
not for forums in my opinion.

What do u consider a Khmer market? Lucky's/ the one in the Aeon mall? Easy to find everything, wide aisles, well laid out/organized (Both very western ) or Russian Market? no place to walk, hot , dirty, a mess unless ur khmer an understand how things are organized

AS far as seo goes i will take NO negative space,
but i prefer the terms, clean, easy to navigate ---wins every time

PS: we both now we see EVERYTHING from opposite sides
khmer market i mean orrusey/russian. pretty up front organization in those. most of the same things all grouped together right on top of one another. luckys would be a western supermarket.

In this case at least my side is the one with multiple usability studies behind it while yours is the side of wanting what you want the way you want it, everyone else be damned. and from an SEO perspective the idea of just cramming a page with as much content as possible is quite 1997 of you. spiders now take into consideration readability and usability by human standards in their weighting algorithms. Negative space is valuable space. Read the article if you haven't... I'm going to save keystrokes and not repeat it. Though I'm still pretty sure you always take the side opposition to me simply because I was the one who stated the thing... you've got a hard on for riding my ass pretty much constantly on here and I've come to the conclusion it's the only real reason you come.

funny part about your clean, easy to navigate statement was that the first 10 people (non technical people mind you) I showed this too's first reactions were all... literally all... "wow, really clean".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic