Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Judge wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:58 pm Where does one get a counterfeit?
Here ya go, make your own, be sure to report back on how it goes when you try showing it :wink:

jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

With allegedly 99% of adults vaccinated and 90%+ of 6-17 year-olds vaccinated, I don’t really see the point of having to show your card for entry to premises. It’s only a tiny minority who aren’t vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm With allegedly 99% of adults vaccinated and 90%+ of 6-17 year-olds vaccinated, I don’t really see the point of having to show your card for entry to premises. It’s only a tiny minority who aren’t vaccinated.
Signs seem to be they will drop it if cases/deaths drop away in the next 10 days.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm With allegedly 99% of adults vaccinated and 90%+ of 6-17 year-olds vaccinated, I don’t really see the point of having to show your card for entry to premises. It’s only a tiny minority who aren’t vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Test bed for international travel reopening, and enforcement locally.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Was @ Makro today. Wasn't asked for a card, but when I left and waited for transport they started asking for the cards.
On my way 'home' I noticed to ambulances going in full light & sound mode with drivers in full protective clothing with at least six people in the back of each ambulance. It was maybe a 20 minute ride from Makro to 7-Makara district. So much for the 200 cases per day fairy tale. I saw 12 of those cases during my 20 minutes trip. what's the odds?
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 pm Was @ Makro today. Wasn't asked for a card, but when I left and waited for transport they started asking for the cards.
On my way 'home' I noticed to ambulances going in full light & sound mode with drivers in full protective clothing with at least six people in the back of each ambulance. It was maybe a 20 minute ride from Makro to 7-Makara district. So much for the 200 cases per day fairy tale. I saw 12 of those cases during my 20 minutes trip. what's the odds?
When the stats don't fit the narrative, alter the stats.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

If those without the vaccine start getting vaccination cards in large numbers and then die of the virus, this would start to impact the numbers and statistics, possibly sparking another panic. And of course providing a ready reservoir for virus mutation.

Tourist groups restricted to Phnom Penh sounds like a logical first step. Meanwhile the virus still rages in Siem Reap province, the other big tourist attraction. At least in missus’ village and commune. Especially after hordes of probably virus infected decided to party there. And of course everyone is afraid of getting tested. No positive test, no infection here.

My question is, will the locals accept vaccination cards or electronic proof of vaccination issued from the US?
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:22 pm If those without the vaccine start getting vaccination cards in large numbers and then die of the virus, this would start to impact the numbers and statistics, possibly sparking another panic. And of course providing a ready reservoir for virus mutation.

Tourist groups restricted to Phnom Penh sounds like a logical first step. Meanwhile the virus still rages in Siem Reap province, the other big tourist attraction. At least in missus’ village and commune. Especially after hordes of probably virus infected decided to party there. And of course everyone is afraid of getting tested. No positive test, no infection here.

My question is, will the locals accept vaccination cards or electronic proof of vaccination issued from the US?
I think what is more likely is confirmation bias. People will seek out information that already backs up their preconceived notions. I was given the Moderna Vaccine and there is some app NYC Covid safe. -- Makes it look all professional lol

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nyc-covid ... 1565213506
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 pm Was @ Makro today. Wasn't asked for a card, but when I left and waited for transport they started asking for the cards.
Interesting. I have also noticed an increase of ambulances with sirens and lights on. They almost disappeared and now they are back. I've probably seen at last 4 or 5 in the last few days.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am
jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am If indeed 50% of people dying from covid here are vaccinated that’s from a much greater pool of people, ie your risk is far lower.
Let’s say 20 people die each day
That’s 10 vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated.
There are 10 million vaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 10 million, or 1 in a million.
There are 1 million unvaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 1 million, or 1 in 100,000.
Many large reputable studies have shown beyond doubt that vaccination reduces your risk of severe symptoms or death by a huge amount.
I'm glad you posted this because I was considering posting the same thing.

If you don't take this into account and just look at the actual numbers it'd be easy to think that vaccines aren't working. But they absolutely are.
What I want to know Timmy is how many of those people who died had NOT been taking ivermectin? I bet none of them, which proves that if you don't take it maybe you will definitely die. Probably.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic