Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:34 am
atst wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am Many in the provinces wouldn't take the china vac and the vaccine card will be of no need to them in their community. When the other vac's become available they're happy to accept it eg J&J
I don't know. Most people in my village can't cough up a 100 bucks for a foreign jab. My guess is they will take the risk and sit it out, or at least try to.

I am not saying masses didn't get the Chinese vaccine. Masses did. But I seriously doubt it's
99% based on chats I had over the last months.
You're such a cynic. Next thing is you'll be casting doubts on the plunging new cases miracle, as mention in the latest news from KT:

As Cambodia moves closer to ‘reopening’, The Kingdom today saw the 16th consecutive day of dramatic drops in new cases.

It's an early Christmas miracle, so rejoice.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50953056/a ... emain-low/
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:40 am
atst wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am Many in the provinces wouldn't take the china vac and the vaccine card will be of no need to them in their community. When the other vac's become available they're happy to accept it eg J&J
I don't know. Most people in my village can't cough up a 100 bucks for a foreign jab. My guess is they will take the risk and sit it out, or at least try to.

I am not saying masses didn't get the Chinese vaccine. Masses did. But I seriously doubt it's
J&J was free in the provinces.
You make it sound as if J&J was widely used in the provinces.
In some places J&J was indeed used, especially in the most remote places because of the one time jab, in some places the use of J&J was announced but SINO was used. For instance in the village Khonmoum 30km from where I live.
In my town people didn't know which vaccine they got until they received their paper sleeve with the name on it.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:18 am

You're such a cynic. Next thing is you'll be casting doubts on the plunging new cases miracle, as mention in the latest news from KT:

As Cambodia moves closer to ‘reopening’, The Kingdom today saw the 16th consecutive day of dramatic drops in new cases.

If there's an average of 250 cases a day nationwide I would expect a max. of 25 cases in Phnom Penh every day. After all most people live outside of Phnom Penh.
Just had a lovely stroll along street 214 back to my room and during those 15 minutes two ambulances with full bells and whistles and drivers in full protective gear passed by. The odds of me seeing another covid ambulance today must be below zero now, right?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

From tomorrow you'll (supposedly) be able to link your StopCOVID app to your vaccination card, so when you scan into a shop or whatever it'll show a blue screen which indicates you've been vaccinated. You won't need to carry the card any more.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50953209/c ... 8-onwards/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:33 am From tomorrow you'll (supposedly) be able to link your StopCOVID app to your vaccination card, so when you scan into a shop or whatever it'll show a blue screen which indicates you've been vaccinated. You won't need to carry the card any more.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50953209/c ... 8-onwards/
I stopped scanning those machines as soon as I got a screenshot of a few regular places I go. I am not starting all that nonsense again.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 am

If there's an average of 250 cases a day nationwide I would expect a max. of 25 cases in Phnom Penh every day. After all most people live outside of Phnom Penh.
Just had a lovely stroll along street 214 back to my room and during those 15 minutes two ambulances with full bells and whistles and drivers in full protective gear passed by. The odds of me seeing another covid ambulance today must be below zero now, right?

Firstly, I was only joking, I too think the figures have gone from a mild joke to a pathetic farce.

Secondly, I am counting ambulances as well and I saw one yesterday and 2 the day before. Somebody in the bar saw it go past and mentioned that "the ambulances are back", so it's not just us noticing.

Thirdly, if there are now just 250 cases, how come we are still getting 25 deaths a day? What will they do about the thorny issue of the fatality rate? What if it goes UP?
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am
What will they do about the thorny issue of the fatality rate? What if it goes UP?
Course, they'll just cover it up. 8)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:02 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Haha, yes, but wait for the add-ons!
Might as well be a negative covid test @ 95$
I paid the Royal PP $231.50 for a Covid test they insisted on doing prior to surgery. That was $190 for the test and $41.50 for the bits and pieces.
If they do a vaccination, they may well also charge for the doctor fee, nursing fee, syringe, needle, bandaid etc etc.
Unless the 250-300 is an all-inclusive package, I would expect to be getting billed for $600+, after all the add-ons.
Most of us would rather pay that price than receive a sinovax, but that's a different conversation.
Most of us? You mean the ones who light their fat cigars with a US$100 note, and tip a tuk tuk driver US$50. Its a scam - given the absolutely minute odds of getting the virus (you have more chance of being kicked to death by a donkey in the Andes, and that assumes you never visit the Andes) why would you pay for something you will never need? You can get a free Sinovac to get a card which is all you need to prevent minor hassles in shops etc, but if you want a real vaccine because you are terrified of getting Covid you would be better off staying home with a plastic bag over your head.
Without visiting the Andes, the scenario you described can not happen, yet you state there is more chance of that happening than something that has "absolutely minute odds (of happening)".

I should have stopped reading, at this point.

I might also suggest you refrain from recommending people would be "better off staying home with a plastic bag over your head."

Spreading of trash misinformation has now become a serious hurdle for Governments, trying to vax their countries the fastest - they are vying for the title of "Most Respected/Trusted by Their People" - so you continue to sing it from the rooftops, sister, and you might find a fate worse the the Vid.

Let alone, should a fellow COVIDIOT, of yours, heed your advice, and asphyxiate themselves. Currently, you are probably only sitting on conspiracy to incite.

These are sensitive times. Watch your mouth. Or don't, I won't be listening.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Doc67 wrote:
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 am

Thirdly, if there are now just 250 cases, how come we are still getting 25 deaths a day? What will they do about the thorny issue of the fatality rate? What if it goes UP?

Already there. Ever since they decided to "adjust the numbers" we've been around a 10% fatality rate. Probably one of the highest, if not THE highest, in the world. I'm sure more "number adjustments" will be coming shortly.

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

lostjeremy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm
Doc67 wrote:
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 am If there's an average of 250 cases a day nationwide I would expect a max. of 25 cases in Phnom Penh every day. After all most people live outside of Phnom Penh.

Already there. Ever since they decided to "adjust the numbers" we've been around a 10% fatality rate. Probably one of the highest, if not THE highest, in the world. I'm sure more "number adjustments" will be coming shortly.
I mean really, you'd be forgiven for thinking a 1 has gone missing from the front of the numbers.

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic