Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by pissontheroof »

Warren Buffet is a multi billionaire and he only drives a 2014 Cadillac XTS. :D

nothing wrong about that , i am rich too , and i waste alot of money. / but Not frivolously
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:02 pm
Darkcel wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 pm
hdgh29 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:02 pm

I paid the Royal PP $231.50 for a Covid test they insisted on doing prior to surgery. That was $190 for the test and $41.50 for the bits and pieces.
If they do a vaccination, they may well also charge for the doctor fee, nursing fee, syringe, needle, bandaid etc etc.
Unless the 250-300 is an all-inclusive package, I would expect to be getting billed for $600+, after all the add-ons.
Most of us would rather pay that price than receive a sinovax, but that's a different conversation.
Most of us? You mean the ones who light their fat cigars with a US$100 note, and tip a tuk tuk driver US$50. Its a scam - given the absolutely minute odds of getting the virus (you have more chance of being kicked to death by a donkey in the Andes, and that assumes you never visit the Andes) why would you pay for something you will never need? You can get a free Sinovac to get a card which is all you need to prevent minor hassles in shops etc, but if you want a real vaccine because you are terrified of getting Covid you would be better off staying home with a plastic bag over your head.
Why would anyone get the free sinoxxx when you can just purchase a far superior vaccine? If you have the funds I don't see the problem? It's like driving a Camry vs a Mercedes when you're a millionaire
Warren Buffet is a multi billionaire and he only drives a 2014 Cadillac XTS. :D
Quote - Most of us would rather pay that price than receive a sinovax, but that's a different conversation.
But to most of us that was never on offer at the time of the vaccine rollout.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Warren Buffet also only drives 3,500 miles a year
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kigna wrote:Ivermectin, azithromycin, heparin and Vitam c. And buy an oximeter. If you take these medicines right away, you get well.
Not in village Cambodia. All the villagers know it’s take the Chinese medicine. Provided by Iron Man’s good friends. What’s in it? Who knows. The Party says it’s good for you, and that’s all that matters.

Keep taking until better. And stay home.

And don’t get tested, of course.

Hopefully all vaccine cards and apps will be accepted by the time the country opens up to general tourism.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:54 pm
Kigna wrote:Ivermectin, azithromycin, heparin and Vitam c. And buy an oximeter. If you take these medicines right away, you get well.
Not in village Cambodia. All the villagers know it’s take the Chinese medicine. Provided by Iron Man’s good friends. What’s in it? Who knows. The Party says it’s good for you, and that’s all that matters.

Hopefully all vaccine cards and apps will be accepted by the time the country opens up to general tourism.
I politely disagree. I live in a small village in Ratanakiri and initially I had the idea the vaccine on offer was accepted by nearly 100% of the people. But now, two months later, and quite a few conversations later, I start to doubt the official 99% claim. To many people living in my vicinity that I know well have (silently) ignored the vaccination on offer because of distrust. None of them have been visited by the authorities, I think the authorities haven't checked the vaccinated people against the (2 year old?) census yet but the number of deniers is a lot higher than I initially expected.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:37 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:54 pm

I politely disagree. I live in a small village in Ratanakiri and initially I had the idea the vaccine on offer was accepted by nearly 100% of the people. But now, two months later, and quite a few conversations later, I start to doubt the official 99% claim. To many people living in my vicinity that I know well have (silently) ignored the vaccination on offer because of distrust. None of them have been visited by the authorities, I think the authorities haven't checked the vaccinated people against the (2 year old?) census yet but the number of deniers is a lot higher than I initially expected.
I agree with your point and statement of how the local people have a distrust in the vaccines and vaccination. The same could be said for some local friends in the big city, were I asked a friend if she managed too get vaccinated, her answer was yes, but she had to pay a fee to the doctor because she also wanted her child vaccinated.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Many in the provinces wouldn't take the china vac and the vaccine card will be of no need to them in their community. When the other vac's become available they're happy to accept it eg J&J
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am Many in the provinces wouldn't take the china vac and the vaccine card will be of no need to them in their community. When the other vac's become available they're happy to accept it eg J&J
I don't know. Most people in my village can't cough up a 100 bucks for a foreign jab. My guess is they will take the risk and sit it out, or at least try to.

I am not saying masses didn't get the Chinese vaccine. Masses did. But I seriously doubt it's
99% based on chats I had over the last months.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:39 pm Warren Buffet also only drives 3,500 miles a year
Apparently he's a cheapskate....
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:34 am
atst wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am Many in the provinces wouldn't take the china vac and the vaccine card will be of no need to them in their community. When the other vac's become available they're happy to accept it eg J&J
I don't know. Most people in my village can't cough up a 100 bucks for a foreign jab. My guess is they will take the risk and sit it out, or at least try to.

I am not saying masses didn't get the Chinese vaccine. Masses did. But I seriously doubt it's
99% based on chats I had over the last months.
J&J was free in the provinces.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic