Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by nemo »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

@Kigna I've counted 25 of your posts on this topic pushing vaccine conspiracy theories and misinformation. You are entitled to your opinion of course but it's clear that by posting same, you have an MO/agenda to shove it down member's throats by continually bleating the same overall message. This is despite clear, unbiased studies showing that vaccines save lives and hospitalisation to a high 90+% degree. So if you don't accept that, up to you but understand you're an outlier on that and many members here will not appreciate you continually plugging that line.

You've already had a lot of airtime on that issue on this topic and now you're just getting into bickering with other members. Not to mention all this is entirely off topic.

I say you desist from any more posts on this and stay on topic if you want to contribute further. We all get your point but we don't need any more of that and derailing existing topics. As you are a relatively new member, I urge you to take note going forward. Thanks.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Kigna wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:05 pm
Apollo91881 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:28 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am
jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am If indeed 50% of people dying from covid here are vaccinated that’s from a much greater pool of people, ie your risk is far lower.
Let’s say 20 people die each day
That’s 10 vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated.
There are 10 million vaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 10 million, or 1 in a million.
There are 1 million unvaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 1 million, or 1 in 100,000.
Many large reputable studies have shown beyond doubt that vaccination reduces your risk of severe symptoms or death by a huge amount.
I'm glad you posted this because I was considering posting the same thing.

If you don't take this into account and just look at the actual numbers it'd be easy to think that vaccines aren't working. But they absolutely are.
What I want to know Timmy is how many of those people who died had NOT been taking ivermectin? I bet none of them, which proves that if you don't take it maybe you will definitely die. Probably.
I realize this study has been discounted, but for those taking Ivermectin, I still have hope.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriafo ... c2711f35f4
Good boy. Ivermectin, azithromycin, heparin and Vitam c. And buy an oximeter. If you take these medicines right away, you get well.
Yeah ... so my hope is that the study is correct and it causes sterility in men.
This solves the long term problem associated with the anti-vax, hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin loving folks.
Sorry for the confusion.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Apollo91881 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:08 am
Yeah ... so my hope is that the study is correct and it causes sterility in men.
This solves the long term problem associated with the anti-vax, hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin loving folks.
Sorry for the confusion.
For hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin to cause sterility would be surprising tbh.

It's widely use in some countries in Africa and this is the continent with the biggest demographic growth in the world
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

So, how did everyone get on with the rollout of booster vaccines?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm So, how did everyone get on with the rollout of booster vaccines?
Official rollout doesn't start until 30th in Daun Penh, but I got an AZ at Ang Duong regardless. Happy with that.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:32 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm So, how did everyone get on with the rollout of booster vaccines?
Official rollout doesn't start until 30th in Daun Penh, but I got an AZ at Ang Duong regardless. Happy with that.
Yes, I was told to return on the 30th after a good talk with the administrator of the vaccines. I had it in mind to go to the location where I had the previous vaccinations, but if I wasn't satisfied with what maybe, I was going to follow you're previous post and go to Ang Duong.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Yes, I was told to return on the 30th after a good talk with the administrator of the vaccines. I had it in mind to go to the location where I had the previous vaccinations, but if I wasn't satisfied with what maybe, I was going to follow you're previous post and go to Ang Duong.
Ang Duong is issuing the AZ donated by Japan, but I think the official rollout will all be Sinovac. Another 2m Sinovac doses arrived today/yesterday in addition to 6m the last couple of weeks. Go at 6am or 1pm if you want to try Ang Duong because I read on FB it's getting busier.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Ang Duong is issuing the AZ donated by Japan, but I think the official rollout will all be Sinovac. Another 2m Sinovac doses arrived today/yesterday in addition to 6m the last couple of weeks. Go at 6am or 1pm if you want to try Ang Duong because I read on FB it's getting busier.
Went to Ang Duong yesterday and was told to come back on the 26th. Not earlier than 4 mths after 2nd shot. Also, saw post on FB that National Peadriatic hospital has run out of AZ.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Booster? Just got my 1st, and hopefully last, jab very recently. J&J

Only because I may need to travel soon, and I figure we will have some more months of mania where vaccine proof is needed in various places before this is behind us
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic