Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by Apollo91881 »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am
jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am If indeed 50% of people dying from covid here are vaccinated that’s from a much greater pool of people, ie your risk is far lower.
Let’s say 20 people die each day
That’s 10 vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated.
There are 10 million vaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 10 million, or 1 in a million.
There are 1 million unvaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 1 million, or 1 in 100,000.
Many large reputable studies have shown beyond doubt that vaccination reduces your risk of severe symptoms or death by a huge amount.
I'm glad you posted this because I was considering posting the same thing.

If you don't take this into account and just look at the actual numbers it'd be easy to think that vaccines aren't working. But they absolutely are.
What I want to know Timmy is how many of those people who died had NOT been taking ivermectin? I bet none of them, which proves that if you don't take it maybe you will definitely die. Probably.
I realize this study has been discounted, but for those taking Ivermectin, I still have hope.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriafo ... c2711f35f4
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 am What I want to know Timmy is how many of those people who died had NOT been taking ivermectin? I bet none of them, which proves that if you don't take it maybe you will definitely die. Probably.
Even better, if you take arsenic you won't die of Covid.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Been asked to show VC at the BKK wet market today.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

jah steu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am If indeed 50% of people dying from covid here are vaccinated that’s from a much greater pool of people, ie your risk is far lower.
There are 10 million vaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 10 million, or 1 in a million.
There are 1 million unvaccinated adults here so your chances of dying are 10 in 1 million, or 1 in 100,000.
Many large reputable studies have shown beyond doubt that vaccination reduces your risk of severe symptoms or death by a huge amount.

If you don't take this into account and just look at the actual numbers it'd be easy to think that vaccines aren't working. But they absolutely are.
What I want to know Timmy is how many of those people who died had NOT been taking ivermectin? I bet none of them, which proves that if you don't take it maybe you will definitely die. Probably.
That's got to be on par of the many who condemn the so called anti-vax people! Back at the beginning of the pandemic the WHO were very concerned about important drugs actually running out, such drugs at the time were antibiotics and melerial drugs that the hospitals used for Covid19 treatment. So, I suppose if ivermectin would run out there are plenty of other de-wormers to go at on the market.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:34 am

That's got to be on par of the many who condemn the so called anti-vax people! Back at the beginning of the pandemic the WHO were very concerned about important drugs actually running out, such drugs at the time were antibiotics and melerial drugs that the hospitals used for Covid19 treatment. So, I suppose if ivermectin would run out there are plenty of other de-wormers to go at on the market.
I read your post three time and am still unsure if you understand that I was joking.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Got asked at Bayon TK yesterday, so again definitely efforts being made on the ground.

Somewhat bizarrely after me I noticed the security woman was simply asking Khmer folks if they had a blue card, not even to show it, all just aswered "yes" and walked in. Chinese guy was last in, he had to have somebody translate everything for him, confirmed "no", and after a few minutes they let him in rather than deal with the standoff.

What a nonsense the whole thing is, whatever next - opening up Melbourne just in time for the GG races? Bonkers. Globally.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:55 am
AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:34 am

I read your post three time and am still unsure if you understand that I was joking.
Yes, I know that you were joking, but then again joking aside and lots of people now de-wormed, it would be a shit situation to end up in hospital suffering from the covid virus, to be told "sorry we don't have the drug's needed to treat you" and that is because the supply had become delapidated because people have bought up the stocks "just in case".
That was the direction it was heading when heavy use of melerial drugs we're going being administered, if it carried on then how would they treat the people's symptoms from being ill with miliaria.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

We’ve just received a three-page statement from a songkat guy. It basically says get customers to show their vaccination card when they enter your business or you risk being closed down. But as previous posters have said, it may not be enforced that heavily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

How many Cambodian cops will actually get up off their lazy collective asses to investigate/enforce real physical violent crimes much less this chymerical one that doesn't even have money in for themselves unless they can get a bribe!
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Apollo91881 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:28 am

I realize this study has been discounted, but for those taking Ivermectin, I still have hope.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriafo ... c2711f35f4
Good boy. Ivermectin, azithromycin, heparin and Vitam c. And buy an oximeter. If you take these medicines right away, you get well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic