Business visa requirements

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Goodyear
Tourist
Cambodia

Business visa requirements

Post by Goodyear »

Hi,
Can anyone please advise me how I can get a business visa? In the current COVID restrictions
Normally get a retirement visa
I understand you need an invitation letter can this be arranged in anyway?
Thanks in advance
Roy
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Business visa requirements

Post by Chuck Borris »

Check Lucky Lucky Motorcycle Rental.
https://www.facebook.com/VisaServiceAndRecruitment/
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Goodyear wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:54 pm Hi,
Can anyone please advise me how I can get a business visa? In the current COVID restrictions
Normally get a retirement visa
I understand you need an invitation letter can this be arranged in anyway?
Thanks in advance
Roy
Do you need a visa to enter or an extension of your current visa?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I do believe if you have had a previous retirement visa, then you are not allowed to have a business visa. The one's who make the laws on this decision obviously believe once you are retired you should be comfortable enough not to return to a working life.
But, please I hope you look into the matter at a deeper and high official level, due to myself being caught up in this strange situation. Please post any information you may acquire on a official legal level, rather then hearsay's such has "I had a friend of a friend"!!!!
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Yes, once on an ER you can’t change it unless you leave and get a new passport and even then they can still check.

Some embassies are processing E 30 days visas but you’ll need a job off along with supporting documents. There are agents who facilitate this but it’s $600+ just to get a 30 day E visa. It’s illegal by the way.
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Goodyear , I am assuming you do not have a valid multi-entry Visa Extension of Stay already and are therefore asking about a new Visa to enter Cambodia right?

Currently the issuing of all Visas on arrival remains suspended, so you will need to apply for the E-type (Ordinary) Visa (still referred to as the "Business" visa by most Embassies) in advance from the Cambodian Embassy/Consulate accredited to the country you are in.

You will need to check with the the relevant Embassy/Consulate what their criteria is, as it varies from country to country, however the majority of them require business/employment related supporting documentation from a registered company in Cambodia, although there are a few that are more lenient.

Which country are you in?

If you do manage to obtain an E-type Visa in advance, then you can apply for a new ER (Retirement) Extension of Stay once you are physically present in Cambodia, once released from mandatory quarantine.
Goodyear
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Goodyear »

Thanks everybody for your comments
I’m in UK and yes previously on a retirement visa which seems to negate any opportunity to now get a business visa
Appreciate any future advice on developments or opportunities to get a visa to get into KOW
Much appreciated Roy 🙏
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 pm ...although there are a few that are more lenient..
What countries would those be?

-Thank you-
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@sanjuro The Honorary Consulate in Canada hands out Visas with no supporting documentation, for an inflated fee. The Embassy in Turkey has been issuing Visas with no supporting documentation. Several of the Embassies/Consulates in Europe have been more accommodating to those with strong ties to Cambodia, ie. Family, kids.

As things change often, and many of the Cambodian Embassies/Consulates don't have a website, and those that do don't post their criteria or post updated criteria, it is best to contact them directly for current details.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Goodyear wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:26 am I’m in UK
The current Consular Secretary at the Embassy in the UK is very strict, must have business/employment related supporting documentation from a Cambodian registered company.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic