Tony Bennett's last performance with Lady Gaga @ 95yrs old despite Alzheimer's (Vale)

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tony Bennett's last performance with Lady Gaga @ 95yrs old despite Alzheimer's (Vale)

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Tony Bennett is now 96 yrs old and was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016 however while he can't remember some things, he could still perform!

I went to his concert in Australia in 2012 when he was 85 and he's just an amazing performer imo.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/tony ... ys-2021-10

Tony (aka Anthony Dominick Benedetto) with Lady Gaga (aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta) 3 yrs ago.

One of my favourites.. with Stan Getz (sax) and Herbie Hancock (piano)

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Tony Bennett's last performance with Lady Gaga @ 95yrs old despite Alzheimer's

Post by mannanman »

Never heard of him.
People of the world, spice up your life.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Tony Bennett's last performance with Lady Gaga @ 95yrs old despite Alzheimer's

Post by newkidontheblock »

mannanman wrote:Never heard of him.
That’s ok.

He’s one of the crooners, like the rat pack. Their music is played all the time in the American Italian restaurants, like Oliver Garden.

Soft, lounge style music. Very easy to listen to.

Give him a try when you want to relax.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

mannanman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 pm Never heard of him.
I think he's Gordon Bennett's brother.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:20 pm
mannanman wrote:Never heard of him.
That’s ok.

He’s one of the crooners, like the rat pack. Their music is played all the time in the American Italian restaurants, like Oliver Garden.

Soft, lounge style music. Very easy to listen to.

Give him a try when you want to relax.
I was talking about the other one.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I'm more a Winehouse than a Gaga but anyway
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Legendary American singer Tony Bennett dies aged 96

Tony Bennett, the eminent and timeless stylist whose devotion to classic American songs and knack for creating new standards such as “I Left My Heart In San Francisco” graced a decades-long career that brought him admirers from Frank Sinatra to Lady Gaga, died Friday.

The last of the great saloon singers of the mid-20th century, Bennett often said his lifelong ambition was to create “a hit catalog rather than hit records.” He released more than 70 albums, bringing him 19 competitive Grammys, all but two after he reached his 60s, and enjoyed deep and lasting affection from fans and fellow artists.

Bennett didn’t tell his own story when performing; he let the music speak instead — the Gershwins and Cole Porter, Irving Berlin and Jerome Kern.

Unlike his friend and mentor Sinatra, he would interpret a song rather than embody it. If his singing and public life lacked the high drama of Sinatra’s, Bennett appealed with an easy, courtly manner and an uncommonly rich and durable voice — “A tenor who sings like a baritone,” he called himself — that made him a master of caressing a ballad or brightening an up-tempo number.

Bennett was praised often by his peers, but never more meaningfully than by what Sinatra said in a 1965 Life magazine interview: “For my money, Tony Bennett is the best singer in the business. He excites me when I watch him. He moves me. He’s the singer who gets across what the composer has in mind, and probably a little more.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 5dqdg.html
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Never heard of her
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Tony Bennett's last performance with Lady Gaga @ 95yrs old despite Alzheimer's (Vale)

Post by Alex »

Great guy, what a life! RIP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic