New Normal for Restaurants - SOP's

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: New Normal for Restaurants - SOP's

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Vaccinated people can also transmit it, so why bother about 1% remaining? I'd understand if 40% are unvaccinated and the virus can mutate even more, but are you truly worried and think you'd be protecting anyone if someone unvaccinated sits in the same restaurant with you? Might as well be a yellow star.

BTW, I got the jab back in April, but it surprises me the number of people who are really keen on punishing anyone who disagrees with them. The arguments are always rather feeble.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:00 pm Vaccinated people can also transmit it, so why bother about 1% remaining? I'd understand if 40% are unvaccinated and the virus can mutate even more, but are you truly worried and think you'd be protecting anyone if someone unvaccinated sits in the same restaurant with you? Might as well be a yellow star.

BTW, I got the jab back in April, but it surprises me the number of people who are really keen on punishing anyone who disagrees with them. The arguments are always rather feeble.
exactly;
i said before., all unvaccinated must wear a yellow star
BUT
vaccinated can catch it same as an unvaccinated person and transmit it, so the only way ur not going to catch it is self isolate 24/7

for me, i love it that you need wear a mask in ur car, walking, shopping, siting on a bus
BUT if you have a coke in a can or a hot dog, you can take the mask off and enjoy it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I hear people saying the above a lot.

Vaccinated people have a lower risk of hospitalisation, especially those in the at risk group, they also have a much lower risk of carrying the virus and even if they do catch it it doesn’t stay long and their viral load is much lower compared to unvaccinated.

Get jabbed.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Why is this coming from the MoT? I already feel like 'foreigners' are being portrayed as the cause for all of Cambodia's current woes and this just adds to that. How welcome are tourists likely to be when they return? If I cough in a Cambodian restaurant, am I going to be ejected?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

It is immaterial to the outcome how we think or feel.
You want to apply logic?
Let me know how you get on with that.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:14 pmexactly;
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:27 am
nerdlinger wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:07 am Anyone know if my UK vaccine QR code or card will be accepted anytime in the next year? Is there a mechanism to get it converted to a local one?
Or will it be less hassle to just get another vaccine?
If they don't accept your UK proof you can easily convert it to acceptable one by wrapping it in a 5000 Riel note.

What proof of vaccination do you have in the UK at the moment? Credit card type thingy?
There is a card that gets written on when they do it, but it's not recognized as valid proof in the UK or EU. Instead there's an app that generates a QR code that's valid for 30(?) days.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:14 pm vaccinated can catch it same as an unvaccinated person and transmit it, so the only way ur not going to catch it is self isolate 24/7
Weasel words in bold. That statement is somewhere between misleading and factually incorrect.

It's not "the same as" at all, outside of a worldview that can only divide events into a binary of "can happen" and "can't happen", with no understanding of probability.
You can die in a car with your seatbelt on so why bother with seatbelts? Babies can die of all sorts of things so why bother feeding them?
Get the damn jab.

(I realize I'm basically yelling at the clouds here, but hope springs eternal...)
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

exactly;
BUT
vaccinated can catch it same as an unvaccinated person and transmit it, so the only way ur not going to catch it is self isolate 24/7

------------------------

Well, I believe the last figures I saw published said that those that had received the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine had still had an effectivity rate of around 50% in terms of preventing infection. They still are highly effective at preventing serious illness and death (though admittedly its no longer 100% with Delta).

No data on the Chinese vaccines.

So if you got a Western Vaccine your half as likely as a non-vaccinated person to be infected and pass it on to others.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:14 pm exactly;
BUT if you have a coke in a can or a hot dog, you can take the mask off and enjoy it
Did you read what you wrote there PR ? Do you know what that "yellow star" used to mean for Jewish people ? :facepalm:
Please STFU with your comparisons to Covid vaccinations and the Nazi extermination of Jewish people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic