Malaysia Airlines is back

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Malaysia Airlines is back

Post by Pizzalover »

Just saw on the PNH airport webpage that Malaysia airlines is flying on the 3rd. MH 754.

On the company's website there are flights offered also for November. I did not check other dates. In case this was not mentioned before it might be helpful for some. Seems that they have agreements with Qatar for connecting flights/one ticket.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Malaysia Airlines is back

Post by crob »

come on Air Asia out of Sydney
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Pizzalover wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:34 pm Just saw on the PNH airport webpage that Malaysia airlines is flying on the 3rd. MH 754.

On the company's website there are flights offered also for November. I did not check other dates. In case this was not mentioned before it might be helpful for some. Seems that they have agreements with Qatar for connecting flights/one ticket.
Good news. More of them, more the cheaper prices.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Cool! I really like that Aircraft Investigations show :)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pizzalover wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:34 pm Just saw on the PNH airport webpage that Malaysia airlines is flying on the 3rd. MH 754.
PNH Airport webpage? Got a link? I'm looking at the official Cambodia/VINCI Airports Website and FB page and can see no mention of flights to/from Malaysia resuming.
Pizzalover wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:34 pm On the company's website there are flights offered also for November. I did not check other dates. In case this was not mentioned before it might be helpful for some. Seems that they have agreements with Qatar for connecting flights/one ticket.
Malaysia Airlines and Qatar never actually stopped selling tickets for flights between KL and PNH, my companies travel manager kept booking me return flights DOH-KUL-PNH despite me informing them numerous times that Cambodia had banned all flights between the 2 countries. I would be happy if these flights resume because it's a right pain in the ass having to go all the way to Seoul.

Many airlines have been selling speculative flights throughout this whole pandemic, that's why it's so important to conduct thorough research before booking flights, it is no longer a simple case of jumping on Skyscanner etc. and booking an advertised flight, you need to confirm that the flights are actually operational, and that there are no restrictions in regards to the routing ie. transit permitted, etc.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

...and although straying off topic slightly, this may be of use to some also

Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

yep, gone. https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures
This is the link, no more Malaysia airlines for the 3rd. I checked for the 10th on their website and nothing. But again showing for October 17 and 24.

Seems the airport team was late with deleting and I fell into the trap. Added to that the fact that Malaysia Airlines plays these games. Before it was several week or at least a month, now only two weeks before they stop offering those non-existent flights. Really nasty, they need money, it seems.

Sorry for the false alarm.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pizzalover wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:04 am yep, gone. https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures
Ok yea, yea that's the official Cambodia Airports/VINCI website. Just checked Malaysia Airlines website also, they have flights from KUL-SIN, then from SIN-PNH on SIA, so no change unfortunately...you had my hopes up for a minute there :cry:

For those not aware, Cambodia Airports posts the confirmed commercial passenger flight schedule each month and if/when there are any changes on their FB page, handy for planning travel, but be sure you check routing/transit restrictions to ensure you are eligible for transit ie. Taiwan, China, Hong Kong.

(They haven't posted October's schedule yet)
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I was looking for something like that. Do you have a link, please?
themistyseas
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by themistyseas »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 pm
Pizzalover wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:04 am yep, gone. https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures
Ok yea, yea that's the official Cambodia Airports/VINCI website. Just checked Malaysia Airlines website also, they have flights from KUL-SIN, then from SIN-PNH on SIA, so no change unfortunately...you had my hopes up for a minute there :cry:

For those not aware, Cambodia Airports posts the confirmed commercial passenger flight schedule each month and if/when there are any changes on their FB page, handy for planning travel, but be sure you check routing/transit restrictions to ensure you are eligible for transit ie. Taiwan, China, Hong Kong.

(They haven't posted October's schedule yet)
Curious to see what happens when they update this month's schedule. Without wishing to get too off topic, ANA sent out messaging saying that the daily NRT-PNH service was going to be restored on the 31st, but last time I checked I didn't see anything bookable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic