Movies set in Cambodia

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Movies set in Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

Also Bali - they even have the shirts.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

MekongMouse wrote:
John Bingham wrote:I hated the title for "Same Same but Different", but the movie was actually ok.
Yeah, I have never heard any Cambodians use that phrase anyway, I thought it was just something you heard in the backpacker ghettos of Thailand.
yeah the only time ive really heard it over here is the bracelet kids on the beach in sihanoukville and down the riverside in PP when theyre trying to get you to buy a bracelet, my favourite line they use is probably "do you have a girlfriend?" "no" "you know why you dont have a girlfriend" "why?" "because you dont buy my bracelet" lolz
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
John Bingham wrote:I hated the title for "Same Same but Different", but the movie was actually ok.
Yeah, I have never heard any Cambodians use that phrase anyway, I thought it was just something you heard in the backpacker ghettos of Thailand.
yeah the only time ive really heard it over here is the bracelet kids on the beach in sihanoukville and down the riverside in PP when theyre trying to get you to buy a bracelet, my favourite line they use is probably "do you have a girlfriend?" "no" "you know why you dont have a girlfriend" "why?" "because you dont buy my bracelet" lolz
Lol, what happens if you say yes? Buy it for her? Those kids are hustlers!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

MekongMouse wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
Lol, what happens if you say yes? Buy it for her? Those kids are hustlers!
haha your telling me, all the kids on the beach know me, some have known me for 3 seasons, yet i still get asked every day "JAMIEEEE...today you buy one"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Just watched "Same Same But Different"
i quite enjoyed it actually, not a big fan of love films which this turned out to be, but some of the realisms of the film were quite accurate and made for good viewing...

Next is going to be The Road To Freedom, sounds like a very simular story to the killing fields but a more modern made film, be interesting to compare, hoping for more action in this one as i felt the killing fields could have added more
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Just watched "Same Same But Different"
i quite enjoyed it actually, not a big fan of love films which this turned out to be, but some of the realisms of the film were quite accurate and made for good viewing...

Next is going to be The Road To Freedom, sounds like a very simular story to the killing fields but a more modern made film, be interesting to compare, hoping for more action in this one as i felt the killing fields could have added more
Give it a bash, but I've heard it's absolute crap..

Storyline from IMDB :
The Road to Freedom tells the story of two Photo Journalists in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime in the 1970s, who are trying to bring the world's attention to Cambodia about the Khmer Rouge.
Sean Flynn and Dana Stone disappeared in 1970, 5 years before the Khmer Rouge regime. They were not "trying to bring the world's attention to Cambodia about the Khmer Rouge." either, they were just trying to get some photos of a NLF (Vietcong) checkpoint along Highway 1.

Here are a few reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_roa ... m/reviews/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:Just watched "Same Same But Different"

Give it a bash, but I've heard it's absolute crap..

Storyline from IMDB :
The Road to Freedom tells the story of two Photo Journalists in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime in the 1970s, who are trying to bring the world's attention to Cambodia about the Khmer Rouge.
Sean Flynn and Dana Stone disappeared in 1970, 5 years before the Khmer Rouge regime. They were not "trying to bring the world's attention to Cambodia about the Khmer Rouge." either, they were just trying to get some photos of a NLF (Vietcong) checkpoint along Highway 1.

Here are a few reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_roa ... m/reviews/
yeah i was thinking that something didnt seem right when i was reading the storyline and checked out the reporters on wiki, will check out the reviews but might watch it anyway
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic