Moving to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Moving to Cambodia

Post by Railroad »

mayalear wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 pm I'm an adoptee from Cambodia. Visas aren’t an issue as I already have a Cambodian visa with no expiry date.

.. when I was 16 and the other when I was 18, I am now 24.
Wish I was you... :beer3:
duran
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by duran »

mayalear wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:03 pm I have an expired Cambodian passport but was adopted by an American and English, I have a Cambodian visa with no expiry date in my English passport
Is it the K visa? If yes, it's effectively permanent residence as it is valid for the duration of your foreign passport's validity. Renewing the passport allows you to also renew the K visa.

cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 pm Next, put your plans in the fridge for a year or so. Currently authorities in Siem Riep are freaking out about the numbers and I wouldn't be surprised if this will be a nationwide approach in a few weeks or months
Kammerkor, you just give the best advise to this ambitious young guy. This is not the time for traveling or relocation, stays safe with your family, gather information save money and wait.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic