Here Is A Small Fact;- You are going to die.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Here Is A Small Fact;- You are going to die.

Post by takeoman »

As the heat and humidity have risen the number of weddings have steadily declined, only a solitary invitation now graces my desk. Deaths however continue apace,
In this the year of my sixty fifth birthday, death is much on my mind. My father's sixty fifth was bracketed by death, first my mothers and then his own, I wonder if I will emulate them?
Death itself holds no terrors, being a lifelong aethiest I have no fear of being forced to play a harp.The manner of it causes rather more concern. I would hope to bow out in the same way as my mother, a massive coronary, all over in seconds, and would hate to suffer the months of slow, inexorable, decline that marked my father's last months.
As the clock ticks on towards May thirtieth, I will continue to wonder just when I will become another expat statistic to be commented on by that inveterate ambulance chaser GavinMac. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Here Is A Small Fact;- You are going to die.

Post by wackyjacky »

Well you could always buy some alleged 'cocaine' from a tu tuk driver. Quick & easy, as we read on these pages nearly daily.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i too just turned 65 an have zero fear of death
do have a fear of pain as i age thou and my mind losing it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

wackyjacky wrote:Well you could always buy some alleged 'cocaine' from a tu tuk driver. Quick & easy, as we read on these pages nearly daily.
I've no intention of seeking death, it will come in its own good time. :hattip:
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

"would hate to suffer the months of slow, inexorable, decline that marked my father's last months." Even if this were your fate ? I'd be off to the tuk tuk guy.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I'm curious why you wouldn't want to choose the terms of your death? Sincere question, as I've thought about this a lot. My mother died of cancer and while she didn't fight it, she refused to take her own life (she lived in Oregon, where terminally ill are allowed doctor assisted euthanasia). Her reasons were religious. As a fellow atheist, I've always felt that if I was terminally ill, I would take my own life. It just seems to come with the territory, as in I own my life. Who else should decide when it ends? Anyway, not trying to argue; this is obviously up to the individual, just curious about your reasoning.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

wackyjacky wrote:"would hate to suffer the months of slow, inexorable, decline that marked my father's last months." Even if this were your fate ? I'd be off to the tuk tuk guy.
If you wanted smething that would kill you, the tuk tuk guy would no doubt provide something that would fail dismally to achieve the desired result. :hattip:
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

MekongMouse wrote:I'm curious why you wouldn't want to choose the terms of your death? Sincere question, as I've thought about this a lot. My mother died of cancer and while she didn't fight it, she refused to take her own life (she lived in Oregon, where terminally ill are allowed doctor assisted euthanasia). Her reasons were religious. As a fellow atheist, I've always felt that if I was terminally ill, I would take my own life. It just seems to come with the territory, as in I own my life. Who else should decide when it ends? Anyway, not trying to argue; this is obviously up to the individual, just curious about your reasoning.
Ruling out the heroin overdose route does not mean I wouldn't consider euthanasia, if I felt that my facalties had declined to such an extent that I was merely a burden on those around me. :hattip:
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Ah, that makes sense.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

takeoman wrote:
wackyjacky wrote:"would hate to suffer the months of slow, inexorable, decline that marked my father's last months." Even if this were your fate ? I'd be off to the tuk tuk guy.
If you wanted smething that would kill you, the tuk tuk guy would no doubt provide something that would fail dismally to achieve the desired result. :hattip:
Then you just went to the wrong tuk tuk guy. The shit's so strong here that street crap even kills died in the wool junkies
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic