Need a lawyer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Highlander99
Tourist
Mongolia

Need a lawyer

Post by Highlander99 »

:oops: Hello everyone. Yesterday my filipina neighbour, after few months of affair accused of rape. On police station she made statement that I rape her last Friday but, because we know each other she dont want make complain but I have to leave apartment in a week, if I don't then she will made official complain. In police station my statement was translated by the khmer guy who working for philippines embassy, I didn't know that. After all I ask him about his personal details, he don't give me. Two agreements, one between police and her and second between me and her writen in khmer laungage. I need lawyer, not good lawyer, I want the best one. Any suggestions? Please
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Need a lawyer

Post by Kammekor »

Man, you're f*cked.

If I were you I was on a plane to Remotelystan now.

No matter what happened, this ain't going to be pretty and you can only lose. You will lose your reputation, your money, your freedom, or all of them, when you stay.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Like kammekor said, GET THE FUCK OUT NOW! It's covid times man, these cops are desperate and you have absolutely no idea what their bottom dollar is.

She could simply give them a Benjamin and you're in prison, just leave dude this isn't a battle you're going to want to fight. Spend your 20k somewhere else
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Agreed, run
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Go into hiding as far away as you can till you can leave, lawyer will only work with police to get every penny you have.
No good will come of this no matter how good your lawyer is ... Do not walk RUN !!
duran
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by duran »

As things stand, you're their walking and breathing rice bowl. Just waiting for the rice to cook and the buffet begins.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Did you rape her? Your 'story' doesn't contain any denial, not even an implied one. I wonder what you said in your statement...

Post a picture of the agreement YOU signed on this site, there are plenty of people you can translate it. Then we can see exactly what you have got yourself into.

No agreement posted and I am calling Troll.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 am Did you rape her? Your 'story' doesn't contain any denial, not even an implied one. I wonder what you said in your statement...

Post a picture of the agreement YOU signed on this site, there are plenty of people you can translate it. Then we can see exactly what you have got yourself into.

No agreement posted and I am calling Troll.
fictitious or real ... it really doesn't matter.
Let's see where it goes....
dpv
Tourist
United States of America

Post by dpv »

Did you have sex with her? why would she cry rape?

I'm surprised people would flee the country over this.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Normally I'd agree about not fleeing the country but now with covid you can expect to be blead dry no matter you will be guilty until proved innocent if only to get every penny possible from you not just from the police but also the lawyer. The girl is Filipina and this is not Philippines so quite possible she has done this stunt before back home where this is a common ruse and there no matter the timing fleeing is the ONLY thing to do FPO they call it there first plane out.
Similar thing happened to a bloke I knew in Thailand he was clever and it could work here. He arranged a meeting with the girl and was able to slip an expensive cel phone into draw or her handbag not sure which now it was several years ago. Anyway he went and reported top the police she stole his cel phone when he went with police to her apartment called the phone number it rang and she was arrested for theft. He dropped the charges if she did case was resolved .. worth a shot ? maybe .. just a thought
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic