Need a lawyer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Need a lawyer

Post by canucklhead »

You been banging her for a few months? Why is she angry? I would have told the cops I paid her when we did it. That would have been the end of the story.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

canucklhead wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:31 pm You been banging her for a few months? Why is she angry? I would have told the cops I paid her when we did it. That would have been the end of the story.
I don't think paying to rape is acceptable.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

The starting point for selecting legal representation is usually the list of Legal Representatives recommend by your country's Embassy in Cambodia.

So, if you are an Oz in Cambodia have you consulted the Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh as to the legal representatives they recommend and how to contact them?

But if you have been banging away with a lower class scrubber you probably have neither the good taste nor the money with which to pay a good legal representative but; I trust that I am wrong in this matter.

OML
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

I will PM you a number

Had some dealings with him recently and he is pretty good. Khmer American who lectures in law here, works in the Supreme Court and very well connected. Not sure if it is his normal case but he may be able to refer you to someone trustworthy.
MAGA
Tourist
Canada

Post by MAGA »

Post her name and picture. Maybe someone can expose her as a prostitute. Why keep her name in secret? She can't afford a lawyer likely, so easy to counter sue her.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

Doc67 has a reasonable response here. "Set her up as a phone thief" or try to "Expose her as a prostitute" are creepy and odd responses.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

You're Mongolian and she's Filipino? Sounds like a question of who has the larger purse for the fight & happiest to feed the wolves who will be out for every cent both sides. If she were Khmer & you a foreigner, good luck with that..
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Where are you from?

Let's assume Barang.

Neither of you are Cambodian, but the agreements are in Khmer. One of which is between you and her, so I assume neither of you can read a word of it.

She has talked to the cops, but she won't lay a complaint if you leave. What? Was she having a coffee with cop friends? Did she say I am here to tell you something without complaining? For the cops to say, "Go back and sort it out, tell him to leave, and if that doesn't work come back and see us" leaves them outa pocket.

If your post is wanting due to your being in shock/fear, that's understandable. You should leave without alerting her, unless she wants you gone, as you say. The longer you stay, the more she is gonna want money. You want to leave with her thinking she has won.

I would say you don't have money except that you want the best lawyer.

Put some facts together to eliminate our guesswork. Too many holes to believe. Whether you did what she claims is irrelevant, as I am guessing (again) you are pleading not guilty.

A lot of your post doesn't match up (possible duress), but I give a small benefit of doubt because you would have to be the biggest dickhead of all that I have met to make a false post like this, particularly, thinking a scam starting this way, would work.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:03 pm Where are you from?

Let's assume Barang.

Neither of you are Cambodian, but the agreements are in Khmer. One of which is between you and her, so I assume neither of you can read a word of it.

She has talked to the cops, but she won't lay a complaint if you leave. What? Was she having a coffee with cop friends? Did she say I am here to tell you something without complaining? For the cops to say, "Go back and sort it out, tell him to leave, and if that doesn't work come back and see us" leaves them outa pocket.

If your post is wanting due to your being in shock/fear, that's understandable. You should leave without alerting her, unless she wants you gone, as you say. The longer you stay, the more she is gonna want money. You want to leave with her thinking she has won.

I would say you don't have money except that you want the best lawyer.

Put some facts together to eliminate our guesswork. Too many holes to believe. Whether you did what she claims is irrelevant, as I am guessing (again) you are pleading not guilty.

A lot of your post doesn't match up (possible duress), but I give a small benefit of doubt because you would have to be the biggest dickhead of all that I have met to make a false post like this, particularly, thinking a scam starting this way, would work.
@Doc67 called it right with “Troll”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic