What Can We Do?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What Can We Do?

Post by Kammekor »

The Judge wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:05 pm I don't understand the argument "you have a Khmer wife, so how can you hate on Cambodians?".

It's possible that by virtue of having been selected by a barang for marriage, one's Khmer wife may have been learned about civilized, rational thinking and care of others. The same is not true of Cambodians in general.

And to the handful of posters who say not all Cambodians are evil, thieving and ungrateful, that's the reason they're called GENERALIZATIONS! Nobody, myself included, is saying every Khmer, or Chinese, is a certain way. It's just that the prevalence of those that are seem to make it feel that way.
In that case maybe retire elsewhere?
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:37 pm
The Judge wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:05 pm I don't understand the argument "you have a Khmer wife, so how can you hate on Cambodians?".

It's possible that by virtue of having been selected by a barang for marriage, one's Khmer wife may have been learned about civilized, rational thinking and care of others. The same is not true of Cambodians in general.

And to the handful of posters who say not all Cambodians are evil, thieving and ungrateful, that's the reason they're called GENERALIZATIONS! Nobody, myself included, is saying every Khmer, or Chinese, is a certain way. It's just that the prevalence of those that are seem to make it feel that way.
I'll live where I choose. Suggestions not needed.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The Judge wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:04 pm

Sure. It's not that I am saying this is forum full of anti Cambodian drivel, it's just that the prevalence of those getting carried away make it feel that way
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Sure. It's not that I am saying this is forum full of anti Cambodian drivel, it's just that the prevalence of those getting carried away make it feel that way
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The Judge wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks.
There's two sides to every story.

I still think you better look for other green pastures.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

or fora
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I have been living in Cambodia for nearly twelve years now, and Cambodia is far from perfect.

But if someone slags of all Cambodians saying:
While at the same considering spending their retired life there....

They're in my troll box.

Welcome to my troll box.

Plus... I wish you a pleasant retirement in Cambodia.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:05 amor fora
Or we could complain about flora ? :Rose:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:24 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:05 amor fora
Or we could complain about flora ? :Rose:
Isn't that fori? foro? foree?
Not a native speaker, hence my low salary.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A suggestion for those posters in Kampot wanting to help out:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic