What Can We Do?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What Can We Do?

Post by Doc67 »

sanjuro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:43 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:36 am Nauseating virtue signalling dressed up as condescending tripe.
What exactly is your problem? Why so insecure?
Who's sock are you?, the admins?
You seem to enjoy a certain Teacher's Pet status.
Who's sock are you?

Really, that's rich. Nice try at deflection...

You have 29 posts between 07 June 2014 and 1 July 2014

Then 7 years and 2 months of complete silence

Then 7 posts between 29 September 2021 and today.

Have you been in a coma? Or are you a sleeper-sock, resurrected to evade the scrutiny of the mods for new members? Maybe an old membership obtained from someone else?

Both of these sites have become so calcified with opportunistic pseudo-wokism that it's inevitable that I get banned at some point while speaking truth to power. Truth (as in "water is wet", or pizza delivery 'bodies with persons' are "not in fact heroic" ) is not a popular subje...

My money is on sooner rather than later.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

truffledog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 pm try get a fixed price taxi from Rome airport to downtown at the fixed rate. Good luck with that.
Italy is not really the most honest country in Europe, the Italians even dont trust other Italians. I would think its the only country in (the western world), where, if going in a small bar wit maybe 2 waitresses, you first go to pay at the boss/cashier, to get a ticket for a 2 euro cappucino !! ?? In Belgium there are a lot of Italian immigrants, and whe say about them: they dont trust they own left hand !! ??
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:23 am
sanjuro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:43 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:36 am Nauseating virtue signalling dressed up as condescending tripe.
What exactly is your problem? Why so insecure?
Who's sock are you?, the admins?
You seem to enjoy a certain Teacher's Pet status.
Who's sock are you?

Really, that's rich. Nice try at deflection...

You have 29 posts between 07 June 2014 and 1 July 2014

Then 7 years and 2 months of complete silence

Then 7 posts between 29 September 2021 and today.

Have you been in a coma? Or are you a sleeper-sock, resurrected to evade the scrutiny of the mods for new members? Maybe an old membership obtained from someone else?

Both of these sites have become so calcified with opportunistic pseudo-wokism that it's inevitable that I get banned at some point while speaking truth to power. Truth (as in "water is wet", or pizza delivery 'bodies with persons' are "not in fact heroic" ) is not a popular subje...

My money is on sooner rather than later.
Mods?
Seriously.
Does this guy make you money or something?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:25 am I believe that when the universe blesses me with more, I must build a bigger table, not a higher fence.

I give because there is need, not because I expect people to kiss my feet with gratitude.

@rozzieoz Surely you joust. Something ain't right here, @Doc67 why do you care about the contrived drivel here if I may paraphrase your sentiments, normally you would not bat an eye to a thread you were not really entwined in. And @sanjuro what in Sam Hell have ya been up to for 7+ chnams boy? If ya bought it - was it like on the dark web n stuff? And then there is Me and Richard and that @hdgh29 poster is an outta nowhere kind of fellow,@John Bingham been dropping out of the pack as of late and not legging it out like a verbal sharp shooter - unheard of for him. Suspect. Last few pages it's dwindled down pretty good and its fizzling out cuz they ain't much pep in these new kicks (sox).
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:25 am I believe that when the universe blesses me with more, I must build a bigger table, not a higher fence.

I give because there is need, not because I expect people to kiss my feet with gratitude.
"Service To Others Is The Rent You Pay For Your Room Here On Earth." -Muhammad Ali

I have fairly limited connections here, and haven’t really been able to do much beyond trying to look out for my circle. If you find a way to do something on a larger scale, please let me know. There were a few organizations taking donations to aid out of work tuk-tuk drivers (I believe) back during the lockdown. If you want their details, I’d be happy to forward them to you.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:28 am
truffledog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 pm try get a fixed price taxi from Rome airport to downtown at the fixed rate. Good luck with that.
Italy is not really the most honest country in Europe, the Italians even dont trust other Italians.
Same applies to Cambodia. Replace Italian with Cambodian.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I've found the tuk tuk charity in PP, as well as someone who supports a village in Siem Reap.
I'll be supporting those two organisations, along with friends who are struggling.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:17 pm I've found the tuk tuk charity in PP, as well as someone who supports a village in Siem Reap.
I'll be supporting those two organisations, along with friends who are struggling.
Do you have names and links to those organisations for anyone who might want to join you ?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:17 pm I've found the tuk tuk charity in PP, as well as someone who supports a village in Siem Reap.
Do you have names and links to those organisations for anyone who might want to join you ?
Yes, agreed those organization's names/links/contact for our own due diligence, I mean, geez everyone knows transparency is de rigueur in these matters don't they?
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

I don't understand the argument "you have a Khmer wife, so how can you hate on Cambodians?".

It's possible that by virtue of having been selected by a barang for marriage, one's Khmer wife may have been learned about civilized, rational thinking and care of others. The same is not true of Cambodians in general.

And to the handful of posters who say not all Cambodians are evil, thieving and ungrateful, that's the reason they're called GENERALIZATIONS! Nobody, myself included, is saying every Khmer, or Chinese, is a certain way. It's just that the prevalence of those that are seem to make it feel that way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic