Cambodian Louisiana Chicken

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Cambodian Louisiana Chicken

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

For those that like finger licking chicken I strongly recommend Cambodian Louisiana Chicken.
Not only is Cambodian Louisiana Chicken finger licking good - but it is also a strong supporter of pro bono medical groups coming to Cambodia such as the Cambodian Health Professionals Association of America - CHPAA qv google.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-focu ... ken-branch

I know from working with CHPAA in Kg Speu in 2020. Nicer than KFC in Australia in my opinion.

OML
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Louisiana Chicken

Post by pootylicious »

pretty much i think ive eaten everything available here (3rd floor corner of the Chip Mong open air mall) ... the taste has been pretty consistent

fried chicken : 4/5 stars

other menu items : 1/5

LFC beats Texas, Kentucky, BurgerKing, Lucky Burger and Crustles buut they aren't on the level of the original Lousiana Fried Chicken.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

There was an American Asian chick donkey's years ago on Sotheraos at corner of independence park who had a chicken place called TFC when I first moved here

That was actually pretty good; certainly streets better than the garbage they sell at KFC

I think that woman left when she closed down the chicken joint; I remember her complaining she couldn't get a decent husband/boyfriend here because she was too independent for the local mens tastes
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The taste is different because it’s a Los Angeles chicken taste. From a guy in Michigan. Modified for Khmer tastes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisi ... ed_Chicken

I’m not sure eating fried chicken is healthy. Cambodian medial professionals should not be endorsing such a diet.

But it sure is delicious.

Of course, strictly my opinions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic