Foreign national ‘shoots himself in leg’ at Phnom Penh mall

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
NitaV
Tourist
Australia

Foreign national ‘shoots himself in leg’ at Phnom Penh mall

Post by NitaV »

Why does a foreign national have a gun here in Cambodia. Anyone know more to this story?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/941962/for ... gznknfcSS0
violet
Expatriate

Re: Foreign national ‘shoots himself in leg’ at Phnom Penh mall

Post by violet »

NitaV wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:31 am Why does a foreign national have a gun here in Cambodia. Anyone know more to this story?

You know there are more than a few foreign nationals with guns, right?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

violet wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 am
NitaV wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:31 am Why does a foreign national have a gun here in Cambodia. Anyone know more to this story?

You know there are more than a few foreign nationals with guns, right?
Some of them even have pet lions...
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Everyone knows that all those loitering around "the block" (St. 154 to st 172 and st 51 to 63) are the most gentle and humane gang bangers this side of Compton. It sounds like "Mr Perry", as he's said to be called, was the recipient of a substantial personal robbery and went down to the block to show the little sweethearts that he had a piece and shot into the asphalt.

Not too sharp on his part to be sure, I am sure he has made better choices. Then, when the Royal Gendarmerie came he got smart again and shot another one off to show the best trained police in this Nation that he had a gun too, except this time he shot in his pocket and into his leg. Tough night for him.

I wonder who those "concerned citizens" were that were mentioned in the article. I'm not on the edge of my seat or anything, they were probably the guys that robbed him.

I have a no stop policy if I happen to ride through there and if I have to stop even near that block at any time of day I am on hyper personal space alert. Sometimes, it seems, those particular local hosts get carried away with the territorialism that is implicit in an impoverished urban area. Their brand on that territory means all non Khmer are on the menu at all times unless they pay when asked.

Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

bossho wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:38 am
I have a no stop policy if I happen to ride through there and if I have to stop even near that block at any time of day I am on hyper personal space alert. Sometimes, it seems, those particular local hosts get carried away with the territorialism that is implicit in an impoverished urban area. Their brand on that territory means all non Khmer are on the menu at all times unless they pay when asked.

Either things have gone downhill very rapidly in Phnom Penh in the last 18 months or this is a massive paranoia attack. In normal times, that block has foreigners of all descriptions all over it at all times of the day, most of whom never have a care in the world.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Mish :

Wendy :
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 pm Either things have gone downhill very rapidly in Phnom Penh in the last 18 months......
:facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Either things have gone downhill very rapidly in Phnom Penh in the last 18 months or this is a massive paranoia attack. In normal times, that block has foreigners of all descriptions all over it at all times of the day, most of whom never have a care in the world.
Are you in PP now?
Have you ever been in PP?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Years ago I used to go drink at the Black Cat Bar, Rue Pasteur No. 51, Phnom Penh, the area was very busy in those days, in recent years I would go next door to what was probably the oldest pizza place in the city, Katy Peris Pizza. They too have relocated too, now to below Samdach Louis Em St. Street 282, 92 Rue Pasteur No. 51, Phnom Penh.
Sorry about that it was because, sources named the shot man as ‘Perry’, and it got me thinking of the area, and Katy Peri's Peri Peri Chicken & Pizza at $4.50 for large.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Wow, so Katy Perry's moved, that's likely when the disharmonic convergence began @y' all @AndyKK The Black Cat is ensconced in just enough foliage that it's a nether world if you want to re visit there. They retain staff too, owner is very nice and has juice in the hood. I have observed he gets his affairs handled with no friction. I even felt safe there while a 20 person melee occurred. They were armed with clubs , and all were wearing helmets , twas a full on rumble out in that fabled intersection, I'm thinking about the story of a real live LA gangster allowing his foe to taste the steel of his pistol as they say around the year 2000. It was all show business and no lasting violence occured . The steel tasting was just one of those things that the much fabled LA gangster had always wanted to do with a foe he had beaten as that story goes. This armed fracas where all were armed with clubs was within the last 90 days.
Anyhoo, I'm disgusted with my wordy crap here, you must be too.

Ciao.

Oh, can we get some consensus on the oldest Pizza place in town please.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic