Foreign national ‘shoots himself in leg’ at Phnom Penh mall

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreign national ‘shoots himself in leg’ at Phnom Penh mall

Post by cabron »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 pm
bossho wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:38 am
I have a no stop policy if I happen to ride through there and if I have to stop even near that block at any time of day I am on hyper personal space alert. Sometimes, it seems, those particular local hosts get carried away with the territorialism that is implicit in an impoverished urban area. Their brand on that territory means all non Khmer are on the menu at all times unless they pay when asked.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/941962/for ... gznknfcSS0
Either things have gone downhill very rapidly in Phnom Penh in the last 18 months or this is a massive paranoia attack. In normal times, that block has foreigners of all descriptions all over it at all times of the day, most of whom never have a care in the world.
There is nothing new here, the infamous GSM was always a risky place where crimes are commmon on a daily basis day or night, wallets, phones, laptop and backpack just vanished like farts in the wind. There is a lot of villains of various nationalities inside that derelict compound where everything could happen even murder never a dull moment.
Boredom is like a shroud
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

As far as I know it is extremely difficult for a foreign national to legally carry a firearm here so am guessing Perry will have a number of serious questions to answer
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

GSM where Customers are beaten nearly to death by security staff.....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

nemo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:49 pm GSM where Customers are beaten nearly to death by security staff.....
GSM, where it all happens...
viewtopic.php/general-chatter/foreign-s ... e010e68252
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 pm what was probably the oldest pizza place in the city, Katy Peris Pizza.
He is pulling our leg, right?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Pedrazo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:22 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 pm what was probably the oldest pizza place in the city, Katy Peris Pizza.
No! But he shot himself in the leg, and has for obtaining a firearm, it was not long ago "on this site mentioned" that it seems easy to buy a gun and ammo off the internet.
I wonder at the time what the reaction of the armed military police was when the gun went off in his pocket.
A few years back our good neighbour was held at gunpoint by her drunken boyfriend, next there was call for a large presence of armed military, most were situated in the front yard of my bar while someone suited went to talk to the gunman who was holding the weapon to his girls head. most of the girls from the bar and the adjoining massage shops were out front too waiting, and watching for the outcome, I took out water for the uniformed guys and was soon usured back indoors by two of the military, first with a gesture of one who flicked his gun at me and then pointing it at the door.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

He possibly shot himself in the leg so he couldn't escape or to make himself talk, luckily, before he put his foot his mouth.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 pm
Pedrazo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:22 pm
No! But he shot himself in the leg, and has for obtaining a firearm, it was not long ago "on this site mentioned" that it seems easy to buy a gun and ammo off the internet.
I wonder at the time what the reaction of the armed military police was when the gun went off in his pocket.
A few years back our good neighbour was held at gunpoint by her drunken boyfriend, next there was call for a large presence of armed military, most were situated in the front yard of my bar while someone suited went to talk to the gunman who was holding the weapon to his girls head. most of the girls from the bar and the adjoining massage shops were out front too waiting, and watching for the outcome, I took out water for the uniformed guys and was soon usured back indoors by two of the military, first with a gesture of one who flicked his gun at me and then pointing it at the door.
What's your bar's name?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Furious Foreigner Shoots Himself in the Leg at Sorya Mall

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 2:40 am on September 26, 2021, at GSM on Street 154, Sangkat Phsar Thmey 3, Khan Daun Penh, an unidentified foreign national accidentally shot himself in the calf, after causing chaos and public disturbance by shooting at a wall when he walked out of the Sorya Mall.
According to the eyewitness, the man was seen visibly drunk, and he pulled a handgun out of his pocket and shot at the wall, then he put it back in his pocket, and another shot fired, shooting him in the leg.
According to the unidentified man who caused the scene, the gun was not his gun, but he had found it and kept it. He claimed that he was furious because he discovered that someone had stolen his wallet, and this is why he fired the handgun.

The man was taken to the Calmette hospital to treat his gunshot wound before being transferred to the police station for further investigation.
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Furious Foreigner Shoots Himself in the Leg in GSM

Post by nemo »

the gun was not his gun, but he had found it and kept it.
the dog ate my homework
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic