American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, (Kratie): The foreign owner of the River Dolphin Hotel in Kratie, RICHARD LYNN McMAHAN, has been summoned by Kratie Provincial Prosecutor to appear before the Anti-Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Office before September 30 for questioning on a case of sexually assaulting children.
The co-owners of the River Dolphin Hotel
On September 16, 2021, Mr. Ong Ry, Representative of the Kratie Provincial Prosecutor's Office, issued an arrest warrant for RICHARD LYNN McMAHAN, a 74-year-old American man currently living at the River Dolphin Hotel in O'Russey Village, Sangkat O'Russey, Kratie City, Kratie Province. He has been summoned to appear before the Kratie Provincial Office Against Human Trafficking and Protection of Minors before September 30, 2021,concerning a child sexual exploitation case which occurred during December 2019 in Kratie province.
https://www.ppreporter.com/article/226042
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie Arrested for Child Sex Offenses

Post by Ghostwriter »

Here we go, legit or a co-owner's dirty trick, place your bets :
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

This guy must really blend in up in Kratie. 🙄🙄
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 am Here we go, legit or a co-owner's dirty trick, place your bets :
If it is legit, why do they give him 2 weeks to appear so he has time to do a runner? Looks like a case from a couple of years ago anyway.
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

He seemed to have a thing for young Khmer men.

https://www.facebook.com/rick.mcmahan/photos
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

The article is a misrepresentation by incorrect translation. This is a summons, it does not say anything about an arrest. This sounds like a revenge act by one of his "friends" suddenly remembering to go to the police and file a report. This seems to have happened almost 2 years ago. #metoo comes to mind. I know the guy. He is gay but I don't think he is a pedo. Maybe he thought the "friend" was older than 18.
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

rubberbaron wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 pm Maybe he thought the "friend" was older than 18.
F*cking children and then saying "I thought he/she was 18!" is generally a piss poor excuse.

Does it really matter if he f*cked the child in 2019 or 2021? Or if the child was OK with it in 2019, or was too scared to report it, but has since decided he wishes to report the crime?
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

Reckoning wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 pm
rubberbaron wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 pm Maybe he thought the "friend" was older than 18.
F*cking children and then saying "I thought he/she was 18!" is generally a piss poor excuse.

Does it really matter if he f*cked the child in 2019 or 2021? Or if the child was OK with it in 2019, or was too scared to report it, but has since decided he wishes to report the crime?
That was speculation on my part and so far is not factual. I am not defending pedophiles but innocent until proven guilty still applies here up to now. He is summoned to answer questions. You can't accuse anybody because you believe he did it. You still need to prove it.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

rubberbaron wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm
Reckoning wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 pm

That was speculation on my part and so far is not factual. I am not defending pedophiles but innocent until proven guilty still applies here up to now. He is summoned to answer questions. You can't accuse anybody because you believe he did it. You still need to prove it.
I don't know the guy but also holding my judgement. It's bad enough he is named and shamed with a picture should it turn out he was summoned due to false accusations.

Let's just follow the story for now ey...
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

He'd be a fool to answer any questions at all. He shouldn't even admit to knowing the accuser. These guys always try to talk their way out of it though and just dig themselves a bigger hole. "I thought he was 18, I was just teaching him English in my apartment, etc."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic