American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by GMJS-CEO »

rubberbaron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm
Read above, APLE paid Kratie a visit to educate about this subject. Somebody came forward setting the whole thing off. Despite my open mind I can't help but believe now that he actually paid those young boys for sex.
That's better, your initial posts on this topic were certainly not with an open mind. You imagined it was a revenge act or said that maybe he thought they were legal age.

"Hey, the kids I paid for sex I thought just turned legal age!" That's not really a ringing endorsement anyway.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by rubberbaron »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:42 pm
rubberbaron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm
Read above, APLE paid Kratie a visit to educate about this subject. Somebody came forward setting the whole thing off. Despite my open mind I can't help but believe now that he actually paid those young boys for sex.
That's better, your initial posts on this topic were certainly not with an open mind. You imagined it was a revenge act or said that maybe he thought they were legal age.

"Hey, the kids I paid for sex I thought just turned legal age!" That's not really a ringing endorsement anyway.
You misread. I never imagined I speculated. There is a difference you know.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nemo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm Fred Edwards is calling you a pedo over there now PR.
The place is like witch-hunt central with GM running amok as an anonymous poster.
I would not feel happy if someone did that to me.
Could mean surveillance by APLE, which would not be pleasant- particularly bad for the innocent.
There was some anonymous poster calling PR a creep. I replied that this was unfair. Anyway all those posts were since deleted.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

You may have missed FE post.
It quoted yours.
Someone has a copy I am sure.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I must have. There aren't any posts by FE on that thread anymore.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

check your PM
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie Arrested for Child Sex Offenses

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Reckoning wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:35 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 am co-owner's dirty trick, place your bets :
If he is indeed the co-owner of a crappy backpacker guesthouse in Kratie, how much is ownership interest worth these days? $300?

You think his co-owner decided "I'm getting tired of splitting all this money we have pouring in with Rick, I'm going to pay some Khmers to make up false allegations of child sex against him?" That's pretty far fetched.
Not far fetched at all.

Actually, naïve to local ways, to think otherwise. So many Barangs seem to think they are not included in the range of disrespect to despise the locals have for us. They are brought up to take what is ours, whether it be a long con as an "employee" wife, a swift opportunist swipe, a scam and lam, or a ruthless drag-you-thru-the-fetid-faeces-face-first-from- Delhi-belly-dysentery-and Martha-Hairylegs-Montzumas-revenge, to steal what is yours.

I have witnessed it happen albeit, it was drugs, and he guilty, not pedo, but which is worst?

Unfair for Agnes Gossipmouths to bitch their accusatory opinions as if the first rock-caster. He has enough to worry about preparing for the worst.

Rock and a hard place.

Maybe he troubled trouble so trouble troubled him, but quite possibly he has been framed as an innocent.

As some previous posters have said, it is not our place to judge. At this stage, he is innocent. If he runs, that does not change, given the circumstances/consequences.

Innocent til proven rich, or the media get hold of it, but judge not, lest ye...
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Charged is not convicted legally, only by wankers.

If he is convicted, there are innocents that have been set up here before, only to be pardoned into a waiting new life, after some time and a face-saving admission.

If he is convicted, you are too for your cowardice pre-judgements.

In the unlikely event he is found not guilty, I would expect more pusillanimity from pussies anonymous.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

theRe: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by John Bingham »

Siem Reap has been a haven for gay pedophiles for years, maybe some have moved to Kratie since. Disgusting bunch anyway, always ready to defend their brethren's sins.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: theRe: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:39 pm Siem Reap has been a haven for gay pedophiles for years, maybe some have moved to Kratie since. Disgusting bunch anyway, always ready to defend their brethren's sins.

Kratie has always had a load of out and proud gay business owners - barang and Khmer - I would sometimes stop for a sandwich at red sun falling (I think it was called) when going between ST and Snoul for work and there was usually a bawdy/sleazy cabal of young effeminate lisping local waiters and the kind of old foreign geezers one wouldn't want to pass out in the same room as

Still, was always a nice sandwich
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic