American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie Arrested for Child Sex Offenses

Post by rubberbaron »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:29 pm
rubberbaron wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 pmMaybe he thought the "friend" was older than 18.
What a remarkably accurate thing to say, considering he's been charged with paying 2 juvenile guys for sex today. Foreshadowing much?
wow, guess you all that knew him, didn't really know him.

from the site that we cant link to

Kratie: Sources say that Kratie Provincial Court charged a 74-year-old American man on September 19, 2021 under Article 34 of the Law on the Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation ‘purchase of child prostitution’. APLE Cambodia have reportedly announced two ‘underage boys’ were involved in the case.

thread on him and CEO's reaction and having a go at Gonk OTOF
Well, you may know people but who really knows even their own wives judging by countless media reports. Anything is possible. TOF maintains pretty much its standard on the subject.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by nemo »

from the site that we cant link to

Kratie: Sources say that Kratie Provincial Court charged a 74-year-old American man on September 19, 2021 under Article 34 of the Law on the Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation ‘purchase of child prostitution’. APLE Cambodia have reportedly announced two ‘underage boys’ were involved in the case.

thread on him and CEO's reaction and having a go at Gonk OTOF
The jabbering of a neo nazi deportee and a pack of anonymous cowards, ripping into him.
Riveting stuff.
Last edited by nemo on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Hotel Owner in Kratie has been summoned for questioning on a case of Child Sex Offenses

Post by John Bingham »

He has friends on here who can't deal with the fact that this guy has been arrested and charged for raping boys.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 pm He has friends on here who can't deal with the fact that this guy has been arrested and charged for raping boys.
I think you misread some of the posts. Nobody claimed he is friends with the guy. As for myself I know him. So don't put anything into that.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A few facts:

1/Firstly, CEO News posted the story about Rick McMahan almost a week ago, so it's hardly a cover-up.

2/The story at the time was that Rick McMahan had received a summons for questioning. The official notice was posted on CEO so that is verifiable, and this was pointed out by readers here, so the thread title was altered to reflect the story as related by the Phnom Pehn Reporter post, because he had not been charged at the time.

3/ While we are correcting rumors and false news: Somebody posted that Rick McMahan was not in business in Kratie. That is incorrect.
McMahan himself says that he met a tuktuk driver and went into business with him. That business was the River Dolphin Hotel in Kratie.

A team from the NGO APLE visited Kratie on a trip to raise awareness about child sex abuse on 14 September 2021; this was three days before the news broke that Rick McMahan was a person of interest in a case of child sex abuse.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ok; he is charged,
but still, why did it take them 2 years?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Fred Edwards is calling you a pedo over there now PR.
The place is like witch-hunt central with GM running amok as an anonymous poster.
I would not feel happy if someone did that to me.
Could mean surveillance by APLE, which would not be pleasant- particularly bad for the innocent.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:24 pm ok; he is charged,
but still, why did it take them 2 years?
Read above, APLE paid Kratie a visit to educate about this subject. Somebody came forward setting the whole thing off. Despite my open mind I can't help but believe now that he actually paid those young boys for sex.
3/ While we are correcting rumors and false news: Somebody posted that Rick McMahan was not in business in Kratie. That is incorrect.
McMahan himself says that he met a tuktuk driver and went into business with him. That business was the River Dolphin Hotel in Kratie."[/quote}

Not that it matters much, legally is nothing in the business, possibly a marketing man. Investing all this money doesn't make him a partner but a financier. Everything is in Chamnan's name. That name was mentioned above. So his ID is out. This should not have happened, I believe.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'm definately feeling slow on the uptake regarding the timeline and the APLE visit. Are we saying that APLE turned up in response to someone initially levelling accusations to see whether it merited investigation or they gave some sort of educational talk on the nature of potential offences and somebody then said, " Hang on we've got one of them ".
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

nemo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm Fred Edwards is calling you a pedo over there now PR.
The place is like witch-hunt central with GM running amok as an anonymous poster.
I would not feel happy if someone did that to me.
Could mean surveillance by APLE, which would not be pleasant- particularly bad for the innocent.
Not sure what exactly FE is referring to in regards to photos, however, I am sure I am not the only one who considers his posts nonsensical ramblings.

That being said, APLE reading his posts and deciding to start surveillance based on them seems a bit sensational. Unless APLE is that poorly managed that random ramblings from a loon are considered enough evidence to begin surveillance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic