Here are 5 countries that are opening up and living with Covid

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Here are 5 countries that are opening up and living with Covid

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 pm Here are 5 countries that are opening up and adopting a "living with Covid" model:

• Denmark
• Singapore
• Thailand
• South Africa
• Chile

More than 18 months into the coronavirus pandemic, a number of countries have decided it's time to open up and adopt a "living with Covid" model.

Some have enviable vaccination rates; others have decided that the costs of continued economic and social restrictions outweigh the benefits.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/16/worl ... rce=twCNNi
Didn't work too well for Denmark it appears..

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/de ... 734431002/

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are cautioning against travel to Germany and Demark after moving the two popular European destinations to its list of countries with “very high” COVID-19 rates."
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 pm Here are 5 countries that are opening up and adopting a "living with Covid" model:

• Denmark
• Singapore
• Thailand
• South Africa
• Chile

More than 18 months into the coronavirus pandemic, a number of countries have decided it's time to open up and adopt a "living with Covid" model.

Some have enviable vaccination rates; others have decided that the costs of continued economic and social restrictions outweigh the benefits.

I could have sworn that the UK is fully open along with many other countries and that Thailand still has some restrictions ?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm

• Denmark
• Singapore
• Thailand
• South Africa
• Chile

I could have sworn that the UK is fully open along with many other countries and that Thailand still has some restrictions ?
Note the OP is s bit dated.
Denmark is considering more restrictions again and so is other Scandinavian countries due to record numbers.

And these are countries with high vaccination rates. Of course you can still just blame it on the people skipping vaccines but I believe time will tell it's not that simple.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:00 pm And these are countries with high vaccination rates. Of course you can still just blame it on the people skipping vaccines but I believe time will tell it's not that simple.
I am fast beginning to believe the same. So many things don't make sense and neither governments nor the mainstream media are addressing any of the paradoxes that are happening right now.

I'm fully vaxxed with a third booster shot and was extremely grateful for it. I believed what I was told and always knew it probably wouldn't prevent me from catching Covid, but would hopefully keep me out of the hospital or at least out of the morgue.

I know there are is a sizeable minority of people in Europe who refuse to get vaccinated, but I refuse to believe that the numbers are so large to be responsible for the biggest wave since the pandemic began. The fact is that the majority HAVE been vaccinated by now yet the health systems in many European countries are again beginning to collapse under the weight of new cases. Telling us it's down to the unvaccinated smells like something out of a bulls arse to me. If the majority have been vaccinated (which they have) what do they have to fear from the unvaccinated? I know that break-through cases do occur but at this rate, the virus seems to be breaking through doors that have just been opened at 8am on Black Friday sale day.

Either we've been lied to, the 'experts' have got it wrong, the vaccines are not as effective as we've been told, or there really is something more sinister afoot.

One thing's for sure, something's not right.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I know 5 vaxxed ppl who got it.
None hospitalised
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic