Does romantic love survive forever ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Does romantic love survive forever ?

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Railroad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am That it does always survive. That it's always in there somewhere. Burning. I've always thought that a little flame survived. A glow at least. An ember, waiting to be re-ignited some long lost day.

....I mean, you think it lasts forever don't you.
If ya believe this, I think you're in for a lifetime of sufferin'.

Don't most people learn about 'real life' in their school/college days?
I was genuinely surprised that one or two people on, ahem, other threads, still think that unattended flames burn on forever.. :x
Then what's the point in having any feeling for anyone ? I don't mean because you might lose it, I just mean, if it's that expendable what's the point in having it in the first place ?

Also, do you not still remember old friends you have lost ? Why should that be different for a romantic friendship ?

Just to clarify. My references to reigniting in the future is misleading. I don't mean that I expect someone to be waiting for me, just that I hope that she remembers me, that's all. It's a pathetic conversation really. My fault, sorry. :thumb:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

'Love'...what is that? Maybe coz I'm older, bitter and twisted with a few skeletons in the cupboard that I'm jaded. :mrgreen:

Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:05 pm
My references to reigniting in the future is misleading. I don't mean that I expect someone to be waiting for me, just that I hope that she remembers me, that's all.
Okay, I got it! That makes more sense..
Well, at the risk of soundin' like an agony aunt or something, there are millions of other exciting people out there..
(You know that better than me..)

:beer1:
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Railroad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:32 pm
My references to reigniting in the future is misleading. I don't mean that I expect someone to be waiting for me, just that I hope that she remembers me, that's all.
Okay, I got it! That makes more sense..
Well, at the risk of soundin' like an agony aunt or something, there are millions of other exciting people out there..
(You know that better than me..)

:beer1:
Oh yeah, that's definitely true. I was just having a philosophical moment, that's all. :thumb:
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Just changing the subject by the way, although I annotated my like of ClutchCargo's video above by saying 'great song by a great artist', I don't actually think it's a great song. I think it's a decent song by a great artist.

For me TT's top 5 would be:

5. Proud Mary
4. River Deep Mountain High
3. Steamy Windows
2. Simply the Best
1. Nutbush City Limits

I think she's one of the ATG performers and artists though.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I believe romantic love can survive forever.

Or at least as for a lifetime.

But it requires daily effort on the part of both partners to keep it alive, thrive, and flourish.

Once taken for granted and neglected, it will quickly wither and die.

Love gives life meaning and purpose.

At least those are my thoughts.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am That it does always survive. That it's always in there somewhere. Burning. I've always thought that a little flame survived. A glow at least. An ember, waiting to be re-ignited some long lost day.

I was genuinely surprised that one or two people on, ahem, other threads, still think that unattended flames burn on forever.. :x
Then what's the point in having any feeling for anyone ? I don't mean because you might lose it, I just mean, if it's that expendable what's the point in having it in the first place ?

Also, do you not still remember old friends you have lost ? Why should that be different for a romantic friendship ?

Just to clarify. My references to reigniting in the future is misleading. I don't mean that I expect someone to be waiting for me, just that I hope that she remembers me, that's all. It's a pathetic conversation really. My fault, sorry. :thumb:
I think we should ask @wendyaspinall
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:06 am I was genuinely surprised that one or two people on, ahem, other threads, still think that unattended flames burn on forever.. :x
[/quote]

Glad someone picked this up.. :smileinbox:
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:16 pm Just changing the subject by the way, although I annotated my like of ClutchCargo's video above by saying 'great song by a great artist', I don't actually think it's a great song. I think it's a decent song by a great artist.

For me TT's top 5 would be:

5. Proud Mary
4. River Deep Mountain High
3. Steamy Windows
2. Simply the Best
1. Nutbush City Limits

I think she's one of the ATG performers and artists though.
Great list. Nutbush City Limits rocks. Fantastic bass line. The only song on the list she wrote.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:06 am

You're right. Fuck am I doing ? Cheers for the heads up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic