Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by phuketrichard »

As above:
i got both shots, not because i thought i would be safer or it would prevent me from getting covid but because i hope (d) it would one day be required to travel without quarantine, ( looks like now by the time unquarantined travel comes around, i will need 1 or ever 2 boosters)

I do NOT agree with mandatory vaccinations to travel or work
I would go with everyone would need a negative test to travel and hopefully one day there will be quick tests which would need be taken once/week at work IF ur unvaccinated

Just because you have had 1, 2, 3 vacancies does not mean you do NOT have covid>>>Nor will it 100% prevent you from catching it.

Please: if you post tell us if you have had the vaccine

My body, My choice
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by violet »

Vaccinated but don’t agree with mandatory vaccination.
As long as all those who choose to be vaccinated have been able to vaccinated, and appropriately boosted, that’s enough for me.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:48 am
My body, My choice
Ditto
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Definitely against. I think we should be able to choose if we wan't to get vaccinated, when we want to get vaccinated, and what vaccine we want to use.

Personally have been waiting for more of a selection. We now have Astra and J&J here as well, but I'm in no rush to travel or mingle in crowds so will hold for a bit longer until we have more data on booster shots etc.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Got my second shot an hour ago. I am for mandated vaccines, the only way to get a handle on this in my opinion.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

Vaccinated, though I'm on the fence about it being mandatory. I do think that depending on one's line of work, mandatory vaccinations might be reasonable (if you have to work with children or immunocompromised people, for example). I don't like the idea of being forced to do....anything really, but I find it odd that people are kicking up such a fuss over this when we've had mandatory vaccinations for decades in order to attend university or travel to certain countries.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Little_Vicious wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am I find it odd that people are kicking up such a fuss over this when we've had mandatory vaccinations for decades in order to attend university or travel to certain countries.
That's a bit different than mandatory vaccine for existing while we are still figuring out which vaccine works best and for how long.

Though I agree for some line of work it would make sense.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Vaccinated. Against mandatory vaccination.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

What puzzles me are people claiming they don't trust science when it comes to vaccines but do trust science when they get seriously ill and run off to the nearest hospital.

On the web there are some pretty shocking video's from unvaccinated people ending up in the hospital sick, really sick. Yesterday I saw this one, from an unvaccinated young woman clearly in the risk group:

She didn't make it apparently.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I'm vaccinated. As an adult, the choice to be vaccinated should remain with the person, not an 'authority'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic