Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Once Merck's pill gets FDA approval, assuming it wins the race with Atea, vaccination should be more widespread, removing the onerous chore (for some) of getting the jab.
Are we supposed to be checking our levels or something to know when a booster is required?
Would it matter (can you get/buy a booster)?
I would say, while awareness is still prevalent, caution has slipped into complacency, of late.

I don't even know what the local figures are, and was drifting back to the '20s lifestyle, myself.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Big Daikon wrote:
Kigna wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:50 am Oh, Wikipedia calls them "far-right"? Then I guess I can safely ignore everything they say. Wow, that was easy.
We now live in an Orwellian world. If you don't think like them you are considered
Right-wing extremist
And people who espouse "diversity" and "tolerance" will demonize and sometimes physically attack their political opponents.

Back to the matter at hand. Some of the Twitter crowd speaking of "The Unvaccinated" is unsettling.
Does the word "snowflake" ring any bells ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Phnom Penh moves into new normal with mandatory showing of vaccination card at all establishments
Khuong Sreng, Governor of Phnom Penh, on the evening of October 5, issued instructions on the presentation of COVID-19 vaccination card or certificates each time when entering and leaving educational institutions, markets and business locations in Phnom Penh.

This is also applicable for children from the age of six, vaccination of whom had started on 17 September and to date 1,778,874 children age six to 12 have received the first dose.

They must show their vaccination certificate or card before being allowed to enter schools, malls, markets and business locations in Phnom Penh.

The letter states that Phnom Penh is recognised as the most vaccinated city in the world with almost 100 percent of its people vaccinated with one or both doses of the vaccine and some with a third booster dose.

Adults aged 18 and above and required to show their vaccination card while those below 18 to the age of six must have their parents or guardians showing the cad or certificate.

The statement also warned that school management, market commission, business owners and all other establishments face license revocation if they failed to implement this measure. They also face the possibility of being shut down.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50947429/p ... lishments/
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

nemo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am Phnom Penh moves into new normal with mandatory showing of vaccination card at all establishments
Khuong Sreng, Governor of Phnom Penh, on the evening of October 5, issued instructions on the presentation of COVID-19 vaccination card or certificates each time when entering and leaving educational institutions, markets and business locations in Phnom Penh.

This is also applicable for children from the age of six, vaccination of whom had started on 17 September and to date 1,778,874 children age six to 12 have received the first dose.

They must show their vaccination certificate or card before being allowed to enter schools, malls, markets and business locations in Phnom Penh.

The letter states that Phnom Penh is recognised as the most vaccinated city in the world with almost 100 percent of its people vaccinated with one or both doses of the vaccine and some with a third booster dose.

Adults aged 18 and above and required to show their vaccination card while those below 18 to the age of six must have their parents or guardians showing the cad or certificate.

The statement also warned that school management, market commission, business owners and all other establishments face license revocation if they failed to implement this measure. They also face the possibility of being shut down.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50947429/p ... lishments/
And if they dont want to be vaccinated, they will be taken out back and shot. Under rule 303.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I don't think it will get much traction
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What it will do is discriminate between the people who have been given a choice. If this was intended, it should have been made clear from the beginning. There's some who won't have a card, such people who may have just come into the country. Also the ones that are sick, or adviced not to do so. And possibly some who were refused vaccination. Then there maybe the ones who didn't believe in the vaccine offered to them at the time.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Don't worry, this is Cambodia. They will pay 10k riels to get a card, real or fake.

If it'll be enforced for longer than five working days. :popcorn:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

People with Singapore Airlines bookings from a VTL country ( Singapore VTL countries: Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States of America (USA))

TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/14/covid-i ... sters.html

Unfortunately I think this is just the beginning. Policy makers need to really sit back and think these things through. There is much more to consider than just Covid.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

TWY wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:54 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/14/covid-i ... sters.html

Unfortunately I think this is just the beginning. Policy makers need to really sit back and think these things through. There is much more to consider than just Covid.
This is a little information on mRNA.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /mRNA.html
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic