Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by nemo »

Project Veritas is an American far-right[16] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[20] The group produces deceptively edited videos[15] of its undercover operations,[7] which use secret recordings[7] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[21][22] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[14] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[4] and has propagated disinformation[3] and conspiracy theories[30] in its videos and operations.

Targets of Project Veritas include Planned Parenthood, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), NPR, CNN, and The Washington Post. In 2009, Project Veritas associates published misleading[4] videos that depicted ACORN employees providing advice on concealing illegal activity, causing ACORN to shut down after losing funding;[5] ACORN was cleared of wrongdoing by the Attorney General of California in 2010,[4] and the associates paid a total of $150,000 in settlements to an ACORN employee who sued for defamation.[4] NPR CEO Vivian Schiller resigned in 2013 after Project Veritas released a deceptively[4][5] edited video portraying another NPR executive making controversial comments about the Tea Party movement and NPR's federal funding.[31] Project Veritas unsuccessfully attempted to mislead The Washington Post into publishing false information about the Roy Moore sexual misconduct allegations in 2017;[32][21] the Post won a Pulitzer Prize after uncovering the operation.[9][33]

As a non-governmental organization, Project Veritas is financed by conservative fund Donors Trust[4] (which provided over $6.6 million from 2011 to 2019)[21][34][35] and other supporters including the Donald J. Trump Foundation.[36] In 2020, The New York Times published an exposé detailing Project Veritas' use of spies recruited by Erik Prince, to infiltrate "Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda". The Times piece notes O'Keefe's and Prince's close links to the Trump administration, and details contributions such as a $1 million transfer of funds from an undisclosed source to support their work. The findings were based in part on discovery documents in a case brought by the American Federation of Teachers, Michigan, which had been infiltrated by Project Veritas.[37]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Oh, Wikipedia calls them "far-right"? Then I guess I can safely ignore everything they say. Wow, that was easy.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

About on par with My Pillow and Sidney.
The association with Erik Prince is telling.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

johnnywalker3
Expatriate

Post by johnnywalker3 »

Any source that isn’t vetted and contextualized by the tight knit oligopoly that is the majority of US media should be viewed with suspicion of course. Only they have the ability to avoid being influenced by outside forces. For example they would never allow the nearly $7 billion in ad spending by pharmaceutical companies to influence their editorial process.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I know scientists are supposed to be nerdy professor types but do they all sound like that? They seem to have trouble putting a few words together :D

Putting aside whether they are real scientists or not (doubt they will still have jobs if they are), it's hardly a revelation that 'natural' immunity is better long term than 'vaccine' immunity. Did anyone ever dispute that? I doubt it.

But to get natural immunity, one has to get infected first and run the risk of going to hospital or dying. And maybe has to be infected a few times before reaching that immunity? And that could take considerable time..maybe decades.. Not to mention the number of deaths and hospitalisations incurred in the meantime.

Maybe the message was not sold properly but I always thought vaccines would largely 'buy time' until natural herd immunity took place (altho like the flu never eradicated).
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:16 am If you were ever just randomly curious what scientists at Pfizer thought of the vaccines and the mandates behind closed doors, when they were NOT giving official statements for the public, here's some hidden camera footage from Project Veritas of some scientists speaking freely about it:

With the new YouTube regulations to stop the spread of "disinformation" on vaccines in general, I have to wonder if they'll ban this video.

I just thought I'd share this with all the 'follow the science' people who might be genuinely curious what the scientists themselves say behind closed doors about it all.
-------------------------

I'd just point out a couple of things as it relates to this video.

1. Project Veritas has a fairly dubious history of selectively editing "undercover" videos to distort what is actually happening. They HAVE had 3-4 actual investigative pieces that uncovered wrong-doing but they have far more pieces that have been proven to be false or misleading.

2. I think its well established that those people that have contracted Covid previously have a strong natural immunity - for how long we don't know. Nor do we know exactly how the immunity from say the first virus works against the Delta variant (now partly this is because our "public health agencies'" don't want to really openly discuss this when they are telling everyone to get the vaccine). Senator Paul often speaks to this in Congress and he has a valid point that the CDC should really be issuing some guidance for those that have been infected.

3. In every large company you can find a few disgruntled employees willing to say bad things about the company. Personally, I think the companies involved have done an outstanding job of developing the vaccines. And companies like Merck continue to develop therapies to better treat those that become ill (their new pill is similar to how we help treat seasonal flu).

All that said we have arrived at a point where we have totally mixed messages coming from the government. On the one hand we need to mandate everyone gets vaccinated. On the other hand we are being told we will live with this disease going forward. The argument is being made that currently 75% of hospitalizations (or more depending on your source) are people that aren't vaccinated. Totally left out from the conversation is the physical traits on these people - ie how many are obese or have other serious health problems. So its ok to ban the unvaccinated people from society, but we can't say a word about people that are obese? Should we all keep getting shots every six months to as to not hurt the feelings of the obese? And can you go from "acceptable" to "banned" if your doctor recommends you don't get a booster shot?

While I believe everyone should get vaccinated, I'm very concerned about where we are heading as a society on this. We have government bureaucrats and political operatives designing public health mandates that aren't well thought out and that are going to be existing far into the future (if indeed Covid isn't going away). Not to mention that Covid isn't the only thing in the world. Plenty of other health challenges exist and many of these "mandates" ignore the negative health impacts that go along with them (ie closing schools, limiting interaction between people, depression, lack of exercise, and frankly a certain level of constant elevated fear).

More and more I think we should simply constantly tell people the cold hard truth. Don't get vaccinated and you have an elevated risk of death. If you are obese or have health problems your playing Russian Roulette with your life. AND hospitals aren't going to be configured to serve only Covid patients - you may be turned away if all beds are full in the Covid area of the hospital as the rest of the hospital is going to function "normally". And that means you may die at home. Then we should throw "mandates" into the garbage can and get back to living our lives.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
I'm glad you raised the issue of obesity..another cause of a huge number of deaths year after year.

I mentioned it on the Aus topic as I see it as hypercritical of the government there when they apply very strict restrictions and now desperately pushing vaccinations in order to save every life possible from covid.

Where's the perspective in that when they don't similarly apply tough measures to prevent obesity related deaths? I know one's a pandemic that could go exponential if left unchecked but nevertheless, now that they are reaching 80% vaccinations, what about all the deaths from obesity related illness ie heart attack, cancers, diabetes et al?
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:50 am Oh, Wikipedia calls them "far-right"? Then I guess I can safely ignore everything they say. Wow, that was easy.
We now live in an Orwellian world. If you don't think like them you are considered
Right-wing extremist
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kigna wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:50 am Oh, Wikipedia calls them "far-right"? Then I guess I can safely ignore everything they say. Wow, that was easy.
We now live in an Orwellian world. If you don't think like them you are considered
Right-wing extremist
And people who espouse "diversity" and "tolerance" will demonize and sometimes physically attack their political opponents.

Back to the matter at hand. Some of the Twitter crowd speaking of "The Unvaccinated" is unsettling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic